Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thoughts



I just returned home from golfing the Ladies League and have slipped into my suit and will be taking a fresh up dip in the pool as soon as I finish posting... Rebecca of http://rebeccaforvintageliving.blogspot.com had some lovely words on her post yesterday... as she enters into new territory of her life... The lovely words I absorbed knowing they are very true... With endings comes new beginnings, with sleep comes awaking, with death comes new life. Look all around and see the design God has created. Every tree, flower, knows this simple circle of life. Life shows us how to smile, laugh, and cry. True wisdom comes and we learn to enrich our lives and nourish our souls.. True wisdom also makes us make changes and move on... Life is a secession of present moments. Learning to leave time behind regretting the past, or fidgeting the present or constant worry of the future will make us miss a lot of life...
Worry and regret seem to keep us locked up and does not allow us to move on... we need to let go... Then opportunity arises when every thing in life just seems to go right. It becomes a hugh relief when we just quit hurrying because we have gained wisdom to organize and allow ourselves more time. All this allows a better pace in life and creates more pleasure...
I created some tag ornies yesterday... I couldn't find a rubber stamp so I just simply took the pic of the chandelier... printed it on 9 wallet size on my printer unto a aged book page... You have to place the page upside down to make the print come up right side up... A bit like life...Rhinestones were added and I wrote Paris on the bottom with a black marker.... and glued the page onto a grunged cinnamon tag as you can see.
I had viewed Tracey's as always lovely blog and saw some dish towels she is offering in her shop..http://frenchlarkspur.blogspot.com Spending any money is not in my budget this month but I did have a whole stack of new bleached feed sacks I had purchased and got out the fabric marker and just simply free handed on them... Sure not the lovely towels Tracy is offering but will work for me and will be cute when a friend comes to dry dishes with... I spent the day just with special thoughts and a small amount of creating.... As the heat is mounting I am off to the pool.... Have a pleasant day everyone.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the tags you made, they have a very vintage feel to them. It's great to enjoy some sun, we hope to get a few rays in the next few days. It's been raining on end for the past few weeks now! Take care, Ira

Anonymous said...

When I was going thru the cancer surgeries & radiation so far from home I would lay in bed a night & fret & worry & worry & fret. One night I said a pray for relaxation & I came to realize that with my Bailey in my arms, as he always is at night, I needed to be in the here & now!!
It really helped.... I have learned to live in the here & now!!
Love Ya!
Marilyn

Sandi said...

LOVE the tag and the towels Marietta. You have beautiful handwriting and I always notice how special your items are. May I use the chandelier image?
I am tired of HOT HOT HOT, but it is supposed to get cooler this weekend. Yay!!
Blessings~