Friday, October 1, 2010

Searching For Inspiration

In my down time I have been searching the net for budget friendly new inspiration for Christmas decorating... Mainly I will be using my existing Christmas in different vignettes from last year.... In my search I found this clever idea... I will be off to Joann's next time in town and purchase a natural canvas tote to fill with fresh greens for my front door this year rather than a wreath... I will add some french words on it with my fabric laundry marker and it will welcome friends and family in for under 4.00.... This little canvas bag will marry with the canvas pillows I made earlier this year and shared with you on my blog.... We are to enjoy a lovely fall day in my area today as the fall harvest continues... Blessings...
ps... Posting may be light as I have plans for the next couple days... Hope you have a few plans for your coming weekend...

7 comments:

The French Maid said...

What a lovely idea! You now have my mind racing about a new and unique idea for my own front door this holiday!
I just started a "holiday planner" series on my blog and hope to have lots of fun, stylish ideas for decorating, entertaining a fashion for the holidays. Come visit if you'd like...
--Lee Ann

Farm Field Primitives said...

Love the canvas bag idea. I will definitely have to try that also. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great day.
~Missy~

Sandi said...

I LOVE that idea Marietta!! Isn't it great when we all inspire each other. I know I have done way more creating since I have been blogging than I ever have before. I used to create years ago and even had a booth at the famous mini mall in Bryan at Christmas time, but got out of it for a long time. Now I need to find me a ivory bag too!
Blessings~

sandy said...

Love the idea! Also your bird and water sounds were so relaxing I almost fell asleep at my computer! have a great weekend!

Sandy : )

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

What a great idea! Sometimes these types of ideas makes for the best vignettes!~Hugs, Patti

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Great idea for a tote bag!! Thanks for sharing!
Beth

The Tin Rabbit said...

You always have theee best ideas! I need to "borrow" this one! I'm in the big middle of decorating for Christmas now~ Have a wonderful day Marietta!