Monday, November 22, 2010

Add charm to your holiday..... We all know the date on the calendar.... Our attention is turning to the home and making Christmas a magical time... for family and friends... For ones such as I living in rural life and for those who wish they did, it symbolizes a good old fashion holiday season...

Many of you will choose to create hand-made and many will purchase at stores. There certainly is no right , no wrong, just personal preference. My goal is to try something alittle different every year but tuck in existing objects... Christmas tree decorations are always a personal choice... I love simple but stunning.... I just enjoy creating my own style as I am sure many of you do too....I saved this picture as I would like to collect enough rhinestones to create a wreath similar to this but do believe I would then leave it out on display after acquiring that amount of vintage jewelry.... I did post my little bottle brush tree with the vintage jewelry earlier.... I believe this pic was from BHG.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Marietta,
You are so right, choosing the way to celebrate and decorate for Christmas is a personal choice, with no right or wrong way.
That wreath is stunning...my Nana used to wear a lot of brooches from a company called Trifari. I have a few, one of which I used to pin in place some lace around my mini rosemary "tree."
I hope you are having a simply wonderful day!
Hugs))

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add how much I love the way your blog looks ~ that header is gorgeous!

Sandi said...

Hi Marietta,
I have ornament boxes everwhere in my bedroom! Intended to bring down the tree last night and it got put off until at least today so...I am walking all around them. :)

{in the bedroom because there is a storage space under the stairs that is in our bedroom closet and that is where I keep them}
I just love all my old silver and white ornies and that wreath is a stunner.
Blessings~

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I absolutely agree that you should do what makes you happy. How can it be wrong if it makes you feel good! Have a beautiful Thanksgiving!~Hugs, Patti

Unknown said...

There indeed isn't a right or wrong way, we all celebrate in our own way, but I agree with you that trying to add a personal touch always gives it that little extra something. Love the wreath, it's superb!! Hugs, Ira