Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Desirable Inspiration

I have pretty much been through my Christmas and holiday ornaments and decorations and just placed them in different vignettes and fresh them up in some manner... A fresh bow... added mica or glitter to add a touch of glam... Used old book pages to add the color and texture I desire....I haven't turned all the lights on to see the magical feel of twinkling little white lights, one of these evenings I will light some wonderful scented candles of vanilla and spices and just enjoy....
Many of you use the same theme every year but it is nice to change things about... objects used in a different manner... Many have ornaments made by children or ones self that are dear to you... I think it would be great to use them in the family area and just add a lovely tree of something you love for yourself even if it is a table top tree... I love smaller trees.....I find the idea of old fashion decorating to the the most desirable for myself... Some of the new modern decorating doesn't seem to add the warmth and cozy feel I so enjoy... but certainly are striking...
As a retired designer I have always been captive of design and decorating.. even in our modest place we call home... I so love the harmony of vintage objects with the glam romantic touches as I have stated many times before... Out little nest is situated on a lovely lot in the country ... Tom owning the farm land on both side of our home giving us the peace we so much enjoy... and makes it ours... There are older farm homes located near by that have been passed down through the generations making life's with loving traditions and older customs...
Yesterday and again today Dawn's post http://the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com where she was joined by other amazing bloggers and artists was oh so inspirational and filled with vintage beauty... I am so sure I will be viewing some of these delicious things featured at Dawn's country home that they have recently moved into and she is working on decorating... Oh I just can't wait... She also showed the magic of Ann at http://thetinrabbit.blogspot.com another blogger I just enjoy visiting... Lovely...lovely...lovely.....
I am off to make a salad to have ready tomorrow for a funeral dinner and enjoy another beautiful day... And of course hunt for inspiration offered all of you.... Ps... The above pic is my little antique stove all decked out with snowed evergreen garland and white twinkle lights....I have spoke of this stove before as some of you may remember but for my newer readers I was told this was a salesman's model that he would carry with him to make sales... I have flicker lights on the inside to add a little touch of romance in the evenings....


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you Marietta, the 'old' school style of decorating is so pretty and has much more ambiance. That's what Christmas is all about, warmth for each other. And if you're able to emphasize this by creating a nice and cosy atmosphere in and round your house, your guests (and yourself) will feel totally at ease :-) Take care, Ira x