Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Enjoying Pleasures

























































Today it has been my plan to enjoy the slower pace and very simple joys of bye gone days when simple little pleasures were enough.. I am finishing my decorating and marrying my objects together with the tucking of aged book pages into vignettes and adding touches as mica ...glitter... and snow... that leaves little traces that the holiday is approaching...
The square footage in one's home has no meaning if it isn't sharing and feeling love.. A mansion can be quite lovely to the eye but it really fill itself with the love that we all desire.I am listening to my channel on Direct TV with old country favorites... such as Eddie Arnold " Make The World Go Away" that is playing softly in the background right now... Makes the decorating extra enjoyable... I am starting to view breathtaking mantels and lovely Open Houses being features on several blogs... Today, Tracey http://frenchlarkspur.blogspot.com is featuring Horton's of Tipton and the next couple days on her blog... I was excited when I saw the use of song sheet pages similar to what I have done with book pages in my nest.... I love the color and texture... It's yummy..
Well I am off to have a bowl of homemade chili and make ready for placing supper in the oven... Pork loin rubbed and baked... potatoes... baked apples... corn... and home-made cranberry salad....
Today is just another beautiful day... it must be our Indian summer.. Just have to enjoy..... Blessings.... { Tom went with 3 others guy friends to a golf course out of town to play... What a lovely day and almost unbelievable to be playing in Nov.....}








1 comment:

Sandi said...

Everything looks so pretty Marietta. I haven't even started...one of these days. :)
Love the paper pages...