Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Objects On Display


Several of the blogs I have visited have decided to leave some of the holiday objects on display still creating a winter wonderland. I also will leave some snow pine and mica snowman and snowballs, ice branches out through Valentine's Day. Last evening I tucked some new objects in a couple of my glass cloches that had been stripped of Christmas... One has been replaced with a sweet old photo of a lovely little girl.. old indent glass pink ornaments and buttons and rhinestones tucked on mica snow... the other has a very old valentine and a few vintage objects... of pearls and lace... Have a desire to find new inspiration... Later on this afternoon I will be going to the rec. room to create a couple birthday cards for 2 of Tom's grandson's who's birthday are coming soon... I would love to achieve a simple posh with my timeworn existing treasures.. Rhinestones and crystals add the posh to most of my vignettes which are all in need of a redo, as they have been stripped of Christmas and appear rather undone... They need TLC... As we continue to count off days of winter, I want to find dramatic ways to do simple things I love in my day to day life. Writing, decorating, reading and creating brings a calmness from within for my personal peace... Bliss is sometimes dreaming. I love existing places that enchant me, and indulging in simple pleasures.....
"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting" Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 comments:

Curtains In My Tree said...

Happy New Year

Love you sweet little girl in your header

I look forward to visiting you all year

Janice

ShabbyESP said...

Hello Marietta,
They are both so beautiful
Your decorating is wonderful and I love visiting your blog.
Happy New Year!
Suzann

Vintage Gal said...

Beautiful and lovely to look at. These are the kind of things that make a house a home.
Marianne ;-)

Anonymous said...

How pretty.
The only place I've seen cloches (sp?) is Victorian Trading catalog. One of these days I'll have to find me one.