Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Sweet Chandelier




I have mentioned many times in my posts I have been searching for a smaller vintage chandelier with some crystals. I viewed many I desired but none on my shoe string budget was to be found... I was searching on Ebay a couple days before Christmas as I had many times but this day I came upon this one... What.. Buy It Now for 60.00... I searched the listing further and clicked the mouse... Shipping was only 12.00 of which I found to be quite reasonable.. Upon arriving... in one day... mind you... the day before Christmas... I found myself to be rather pleased with the purchase.. the sweet look of timeworn weathered copper has a lovely warmth to it... I have a very old, old, 1800's pie safe in the area with it that has weathered time copper tin punching inserts that the look lends itself together... A perfect marriage.. I have 2 light switches on the walls in that area I plan on removing and spraying a aged soft copper color... The sweet little fixture adds a touch of romance with a soft glow as I added little 7 watt each little flame bulbs... This chandelier replace a ceiling fan and light attachment... I am glad not a camera or video was near this morning as Tom and I { 2 old geezers} set out to install this fixture this morning... We added a medallion as you can see also.. After two of us moaning and groaning the old was removed... A hour and a half was spent adding all the crystals... Again Tom on the ladder [ of which he does quite well and me doing the up on a chair thing to help hold and much more grunting and opps, thats not right... arms aching... the moment arrived.... The flick of the switch to reveal soft candle light and a awwweeee from me and the words of " I did it" from Tom popped out.


7 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I love chandeliers! That is a lovely one!~Hugs, Patti

Anonymous said...

Marietta, this is simply one of the prettiest lights I've ever seen. Congrats on your yummy find and getting it installed. Sally

Sandi said...

I just had to chuckle when I read this Marietta! Been there done that too many times. Last time was me standing on a chair trying to hold a heavy ceiling fan up in the air while hubby finished the wiring. It was so heavy, but somehow we muddled through. Your light is just beautiful and perfect for your spot!
Hugs~

Vintage Gal said...

What a sweet Chandelier and the pie safe is gorgeous. Congrats on finding what you really wanted. I can just imagine the ooooos and the ahhhhhs when you first turned it on.
((Hugs)) Marianne

Miss Gracie's House said...

It is so pretty! And that was a great price. too!
Blessings to you, dear Marietta, this new year.
Rene

FredaB said...

Your chandelier and rosette look beautiful. The copper will surely pick up the copper in your cabinet.

I think you got a great deal at that price.

Hugs

FredaB

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful chanelier (and pie safe)!
Good deal you found on ebay. We always seem to be hit or miss when we buy things.