Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Musings


It is white and bright in Ohio today.. The forecast is for the temps to drop below zero for the next few days... We have no plans for long travel... maybe a couple basketball games but they will be close...
This morning while absent from my posting Tom and I headed to Defiance... On the way we stopped at the country post office and mailed out Valentines and some candy treats to the grand kids that I have been creating the last couple weeks.. We have several that will be hand delivered.. Then we proceeded to Defiance where I went to Office Max and purchased card stock and ink for my printer { color} ... This I needed for card making and altered art creating... Then on to Meijer for grocery shopping... Upon returning home we have surpassed over 200.00 in spending with a trip next week for meds that will double what was spent today... Many families are starting to share their nest with children returning home for one reason or another...I know my 2 sons have been laid off from their jobs for 3 months.. Thank goodness they are skilled to do many things... I also have a house full but it is of STUFF. God gave me the creative soul and we are not suppose to waste that... Inspiration just seems to come from everywhere to me.. It is nice collecting objects that also can be used for storage such as old luggage.
The pics I have shared today... I created another altered art piece for another glass cloche that after Valentines day will be replaced with vintage objects... In the one pic I had found 2 sweet little cards of vintage buttons and a lovely fine lace collar in wonderful condition... These most likely will be tucked in cloche and then used in altered art or other vignettes as I change things from time to time... The altered art piece was created from stash... a tattered old satin coin purse was secured with the embellishment of a vintage rhinestone earring that lost it's mate... I would like to create another Memory Jar soon also for Mothers Day...
I will get this posted, complete some chores and make ready for attending a high school basketball game tonight... There are two games tonight... The Tinora gals and the guys... The guys is a make- up game postponed from Saturday night... Decisions... decisions... but we have decided we will attend the girls game... The girls are equally exciting as the guys and it is at home so we will cheer for both but attend one... It's gals night.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea to use all your pretty stash to embellish cloches with! They will turn out more than just lovely, I'm sure!

Becca said...

Thank you for sharing. We are cold in Chicago too. I thank God often for my creativity. Making things and working with my hands brings me such blessings. Today I am finishing a small gift for my oldest granddaughter's birthday and a gift for my dearest friend. It is a good day!