Saturday, February 19, 2011

We All Need A Haven












As stated in a lovely book by Victoria... we all need a haven, a place to soothe, restore, and refresh our spirits after the stress of demands of everyday life. This place can exist for everyone in their home with imaginative decorating.. A place of solitude... A place for personal pursuits.. A place for personal things... A place for dreams.. A place for beauty... A place of her own...
Taking flea market finds to create awesome storage space will be some objects I will seek out this summer... Of course pieces of vintage luggage are always appealing to the eye and make great storage... Bins and tins always a blessing... Olivia http://shabbychictreasures.blogspot.com/ had featured a old dresser drawer for storage on her blog... http://rockcandy56.blogspot.com/ was a place for inspiration also with pics of vintage tins and ways to hide treasure when not on display and using them as display... http://shabbypinkandpretty.blogspot.com had featured pretty jars for buttons and small storage ... The pic of a awesome industrial storage unit and cutting board top is from http://www.countryliving.com/ and is the best of the best... I am so yearning for a place all my own... A place heaped high with beautiful laces and linens... ribbons... buttons... old papers... old books... and large collections of junk jewelry... oodles of odds and ends... all in need of creative storage solutions... I so believe I need a special place to enjoy solitude and release a creative spirit...



6 comments:

Queen Bee's Musings said...

such beautiful photos and comments. I truly enjoyed them. I look forward to your entries on your blog.

Kim said...

Oh my.. I just had to chuckle when I stopped by your blog and saw a picture of mine that you included in your post along with a link to my blog.. How appropriate for timing as buttons were once again on my mind today too and I actually just did a new post to reshare some of my old photos and creative ways for displaying my buttons.

It's fun knowing that others out here in blogland like my ideas and are generous enough to want to share them with others and also for including a link to my blog in their post.

I hope you continue to visit my blog for more inspiriation in the future.

Have a great weekend!!

Kim

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Dreams can come true!~Hugs, Patti

victorian parlor II said...

Wow! The pictures are beautiful and inspirational! I agree that home should be a haven where we can relax and regroup:).

Blessings,

Kim

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

HI Marietta,

I just found you from over at Kims'. Love your header, and your vintage pictures. Your blog is so pretty! Come by for a visit when you can!

Debbie

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I love the post you just did on storage, great ideas. I also have to say that the third pic is of my friend Peg's former home. She sells at Marburger Farms, French Vanilla, and she said she still has all those things in storage somewhere. I told her she should sell them! Pretty pics for sure. Have a great Monday, T