Wednesday, March 16, 2011

For The Love Of Lace

Lovely pieces of lace is becoming a lost art.. When I frequent markets or shoppes I am always keeping a eye open for a lovely lace collar or a small bag of lace. I love using lovely pieces of the past on altered art projects. I still find much pleasure in the fine art of lace and the time from the past that was spent creating it with magical fingers. Taking time to appreciate the wonderful craftsmanship of old buttons and lace are still delightful means of displaying in our homes today. The little treasures I pictured above were found in a antique shop this morning... I saw a couple once in a lifetime objects that I enjoyed looking at but just brought the couple little pieces in the pic home... Arrays of linens... glassware.. and oh there was a lovely-lovely crystal chandelier for 16oo.oo.. So beautiful to the eye.... and many unpredictable finds.. Mainly my pleasure came from considering the attic finds and how I could use the treasures in some kind of salvaged way. It would have to be in a vignette or in my glass cloches. Being my home is nice sized but not large, I have limited space and choose to change off displays more often rather than having large collections... It is more appealing to me to have a charming little jewel box than a large mansion of which I would have no use for. It was wonderful to get out and enjoy a short ride and some eye candy as the sun made it's appearance today and has started to dry the rain soaked fields and fountains of water flows from the field tile into the ditches. It seems like a short burst of spring today. It is around the corner and I am ready for more of what will come... Winter soon will fade and sweet sentiments of spring will appear... Till the temps warm, I will stay sheltered from the cold and embrace myself with the touches of lace and bits of nostalgia and be ever so thankful for what is at hand... Blessings....

2 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hello Marietta.....I love all kinds of lace too. So romantic and old fashioned! It was hard to see the color brown as we drove north from the green of the south but I know it is slowly creeping north toward us. Spring is only days away! Have a beautiful day!~Hugs, Patti

The Creative Bohemian said...

Marietta, I Love any kind of lace or tatting as well. It takes just a hint of lace to dress up the plainest outfit or display.

Diane