Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sweet Confections Awaiting








































































Preparing for Easter continues this week. I gave Tom a honey dew and he really "OWNED" his job given and completed much more than I had asked.... That was so appreciated....



The weather in our area continues to be not so very enjoyable so I am once again faced with giving myself attitude adjustments, and remembering how blessed I am to have warm shelter... I have placed a few pics from around my home , many of you have maybe seen some before, but it is the everyday places that surround me... The top pic is a old small book that I found at a antique shop that I loved it's size and the lovely cover....but you know I couldn't leave it alone... I had to embellish...embellish... embellish.... I added a couple vintage rhinestone earrings and a cut out of a photo offered up by a fellow blogger earlier this week.... @ http://bumblebutton.blogspot.com/ that I found by reading Dawn's blog @ http://the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com/ Turning tiny treasures and trinkets into one of a kind objects is one of my favorite things to do. Simple pile it on and embellish...embellish. embellish... It is truly amazing what lovely things can come with found objects... hiding in the smallest of spaces... Sweet confections are awaiting the arrival of Easter day although Tom and I have devoured 2 bags of jelly beans ourselves the past couple weeks... They are remembered treasures and tastes of the past and the present all on their own... Whoever appreciates the fine timeworn elegance may feel right at home if you would stop for a visit... Worn with age gives great comfort when clean and cozy and displayed in a romantic or creative manner. In my musings today I offer you blessings and thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the visit and come back soon for continuing sips of timeworn vintage and old....












2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did some amazing embellishing Marietta, love what you did with your book cover, it looks so sweet and personal now! And oh, the rest of the adornments!

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Marietta! I always love visiting your blog and the wonderful peeks you give us of your home. I would love to visit you and see all of your gorgeous treasures in person!!! You take the time to make each and every corner special ~ I'm hoping that warm, beautiful weather is with you soon dear friend, hugs and love, Dawn