Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sweetly Preserved Memories

In our hearts and minds thoughts of holidays seem to be sweetly preserved in our memories.. Myself and my children have so many lovely memories of my mother and her efforts to make Easter a celebration.. knowing everyday is a celebration and holds pleasures, but we must have our eyes open to see them... I wanted to share this with you even thought it is a post from 2009..http://dailypleasures.blogspot.com/2009/04/celebrating-easter.html As I plan my Easter I am including this 12 +1 empty Easter egg hunt for my grandchildren and will have them read their eggs they found in number order along with the eggs filled with money and candy... This will keep the fun and real reason in the thoughts of the young and old as well. As we plan our Easter let us do it with joy in our minds and hearts and enjoy the moments..... Wishes and hopes for a lovely weekend sent your way... Ours area has 5 days of rain in the forecast... The grass is greening and growing.... Signs of life are coming into view...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have some wonderful plans for Easter Marietta! Hope you and your family have lots of fun being together! We will spend the day together with my sister, brother-in-law and 2 little nieces to commemorate the day my father was born (he died 3,5 years ago). We have some rituals that we'd like to perform, it'll be a special day. Have a lovely weekend, take care!

Shopgirl said...

Marietta, I love this post and I did go look at what you had done a couple of years ago. We have made no plans for Easter this year. Arney has to work. Thank you for sharing. Happy Easter, Mary

Sandi said...

What an inspiring post Marietta. I have fond memories of Easter too and one of our family traditions is that my mom always made a butter lamb. She uses a stick of butter and shapes it. SO NEAT! I think she didn't do it for a couple years and we all told her we wanted it so she is still making it to this day.

We always got a new Easter dress to wear to church also...many years ago. Great childhood memories!
Blessings~