Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What Is Life ? What Do We Love In Life ?













































The above photos are from the 2011 http://magnoliapearl.com website .. Her site is a real lovely way to spend some time ... The above pics are just a very small sampling of the items and wonderful reading you will find there.. plus Robin's blog...

What is life? Love of the past, encouragement in the present and much desired hope for the future... Always prayers that will eventually lead to peace... The sun is up shinning momentarily with promises of more rain to come in the forecast... Seems it is slowly becoming time to store heavier clothing and think of lighter more fun wear...

When I think of that dreams of crinkled, old lacy and lovely looks of Magnolia Pearl come to mind.. Seriously I cannot afford one piece of her work.... but I do so enjoy looking at her site and reading her publishing's.... Her beautiful chaos of use of scraps, laces and linens and ruffles is just delightful... I wish I possessed the talent in one little finger that Robin does in her magical mind and hands... The closest I have come to making anything come close to looking like anything she has touched was a wristlet I made a couple years ago... Her style in clothing and in decorating is truly her own... and certainly not for everyone... I find however I could slip into the clothing and her home... and spend month upon month just indulging... Maybe someday I will find some linens and laces and make a attempt at a Robin style of some kind.. It seems you would let your imagination loose to go wild to be able to accomplish this... I would also think as I did in altered art , you have to learn to get a not too perfect look... Her ways to me are just mouth watering... and yummy...

Opps, the sun has disappeared again as I am writing this post.. It just may be this afternoon I will have to pull out her book and sift through the pages of timeworn and heavily distresses but highly embellished with trims and tassels it is outlandishly lovely... The talent is raw, fairly-tale like with all the magic... For now, I will just dream of the signature style laces , dripping with torn pieces of vintage and antique laces... All this combined with vintage jewelry , cuff bracelets, and soldered charms seems to make a perfect marriage... Oh, and don't forget those bags...










4 comments:

June said...

Hi Marietta,
Oh I love Robyn's designs too. I don't have anywhere I would know where to wear them, but wow, they are so romantic. I collect old laces and fabric to use in my fabric collages, and sometimes think I would love to try my hand at designing a few tops to wear myself. Jus maybe someday I will.
a beautiful post my friend.
sending hugs...

Sandi said...

I love her style!! Beautiful pictures.

Do we have enough rain yet? Crazy weather. I hear we are set to break a record for the month of April...from way back in 1921. I think they said 7 inches! yikes.
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

Dear Marietta,
I love Magnolia Pearl. I just visited the site the other day and saw all those gorgeous lacey things for Spring. In fact I just downloaded some photos for a future blog post. Great Minds think alike!
I couldn't afford any of those things either, but it's fun to dream. I went to a art festival last year in Alabama and there was a booth where the women were wearing Magnolia Pearl. I was thrilled to see things up close! The women talked about how they order things every season ~ can you imagine?
I'm looking through old Victoria Magazines this afternoon ~ while I have a homemade poundcake in the oven to be served later with strawberries and whipped cream. Can life get any sweeter??
Enjoy your afternoon!
Hugs))

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Don't you just love
magnolia pearl.