Friday, April 29, 2011

Wisdom and Experience








Yesterday I did not post as my thoughts and heart weighed heavy with the events of devastation that took place in our southern states... I am praying for each and every person affected by these terrible happenings... What a difference a day makes in the news headlines... I am watching the Royal Wedding as I post this morning... I am in awe with the over the moon hats I am viewing... How fun... The royal couple look just fabulous....

I will be also working on a new Etsy shop and hope to have it up and running soon... My goal is to be able to share my passion of Timeworn objects and many lovely treasures and altered art with you.. I will at this time however not be shipping out of the United States.... I took some time yesterday afternoon to make 2 of 4 cards that need to be sent for special events...

Essentially when I use the term altered art I mean I have taken some form of object, photo, book, jewelry, ect. and in my eyes made it more attractive or possibly changed it's function... Many of the altered art objects I create are often used for gifts... especially my cards and paper bag journals.... My hopes are to be offering some of the objects to you through my new Etsy store.... In the past I sold for years on Ebay but have found it to have become much too inflated as far as the charges... As many Americans I find it very hard to make myself fall into all the rising prices and decreasing economy... I do know I am not helping the economy with not buying but I also know I cannot do this and cause myself stress. My hopes are to offer to all of you treats and treasures at affordable prices for you... Since my thoughts are always to cheer someone up or add inspiration to one's life, I hope this blog and it's offerings will be able to do that for many...

With wisdom I do know " the best changes, start with simple thoughts". Sometimes we dream so big all we do is chase them.. The time is always good when it is the right thing your doing.. Making mistakes are part of human nature and if you haven't made mistakes, I do believe you haven't tried anything new. Wisdom is lessons learned, whether it be in life or projeccts... After all WISDOM and EXPERIENCE are both names we give our mistake making.. I have obtained much wisdom and experience !!!!

My blogging is a everyday way of sharing and learning about positive change, they inspire. motivate, educate and most of all make connectiions with people with words of the mind and heart....

ps.. I have shared a couple photos for you to use for tags or altered art if you care to....






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, the disaster that took place yesterday is a major contrast to the Royal Wedding of today. That's life, sadness and happiness go hand in hand. Really hope you will be successful with your Etsy-shop, but I'm sure you will be, you have a gift of altering things and there are still many people out there who do not see the beauty in broken pieces as you do! Have a great weekend, Ira

Sandi said...

Can't wait to see your Etsy shop Marietta!

I don't know if I told you, but my aunt and uncle were on their way home from Florida (cousin was driving them) and the motel they were staying in took a direct hit from the tornado right where their rooms were, but thankfully they were out at Cracker Barrel and it did not get hit. Their meals were wrong that they had ordered so they were there longer to get other meals otherwise they could have been in the room. It took out the McDonalds across the road, another restaurant was heavily damaged and a hotel next to theirs lost their 3rd floor. They are the most sweetest and godly people and I know that God answered prayer for their safety. All the cars in the Cracker Barrel parking lot had the windows blown out except their car!! God is good!!!
Hugs~

Miss Gracie's House said...

I think that is part of the reason we all got up so early to watch...it is good to see something happy on the tv...it was sweet!
Good luck on your etsy shop...etsy is great!
Rene