Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Finding Balance

Yesterday after a morning of ladies golf I was able to lay in the sun and jump into the pool for most of the afternoon to cool down from our 90 degree day... Last evening brought us a rain and today appears to maybe bring some more rain... The last few days I seemed to have lost some balance...and feel the need for some calmness. Some times I have to stop and figure out why I am having these feelings. Occasionally summer time seems to create this as the cleanup and chores seem to be endless and the same ones everyday. When we allow so many things to go on in our lives .... sometimes we have to be selective in what we choose to do... Realizing we need self discipline to make things best for one's self.... Learning the process and realizing you are not going to be able to do everything is the first step to making our life more desirable and simple....
Maybe when the air of the out of doors is clean and fresh some deep breathing can energize your mind... Stepping out into the evening stars ... enjoying the skies and the silence can be very rewarding... I enjoy the silence and many times when it becomes disturbed is when I find myself in need of balance... It is not to bad sometimes to let go of the pressures... stop and get off and let the rest of the world go right on by.... Sit quietly and just let it all go... Enjoy this freedom you have allowed yourself for as long as you can... We cannot allow others and events to control every moment of our lives and must have the wisdom to know that... I find many times when things are mounting I seem to write... and here I am doing just that... Writing and the release of writing is very painless... Reading as well as writing allows us to gain wisdom while we are spending quiet moments and resting our bodies.... This also creates solitude of which I love... I know many do not like solitude but for myself... I love it... I must enjoy it on a regular basis... People and relationships are equally as important... Allowing yourself this and a balance will nourish your spirit.... Today I am planning some solitude and some quiet moments..... I hope you all will be able to allow yourself this luxury today during the days hours sometime... Best wishes and many lovely thoughts and sent your way....
Ps. As I post the morning has gotten more hazy and grey and the skies are starting to rumble... Looks as though relaxing in the sun is not going to be a option today... at least not for several hours... Hum, now what is one to think of doing....A perfect example of how we can be controlled....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are under rumbly skies too but I find the humidity of today wonderful. I have been out in the gardens this morning & harvested my 1st crop out of it...spinach. I will use it on a salad for DH & I this evening & on a sandwich this noon.......
Now while I am in the house it gives me time to stop & think how grateful I am for the creature comforts of air conditioning.
Have a Splendid Day!!
Marilyn

Shopgirl said...

It was 95 here today, summer came in with a bang! But as i write a storm is coming our way that will have thunder and lightening. I just want a few normal days. Hugs, mary