Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Days Are Slipping By Us






















A couple days ago I ran into Defiance to get my meds and of course instantly knew I can't spend much but guess I felt a desire for some inspiration so I stopped at the antique shoppe before making my way back to the country... The shades of summer just continue to be very unstable in our area... I think we will be lucky to reach 70 degrees today. I once again have all the grain sack cushions of from my outdoor furniture as cool and very grey threatening skies are once again here... I have never totally had my decks completely the way I would like them to take some pictures... The good ole summertime seems to be slipping right past us..... I so love breathing in every sight and sound along the way but they seem to be far and few in between so far this year... I have the desire to make sparkle in our life and home but just do not seem to be able to maintain the focus to achieve it the way I would like.... I am rather a routine person and simmer has a way of taking me out of that and I struggle a bit when that happens... Being my budget is rather limited I have to search for little things to make me happy and to find contentment in the smaller moments, sometime causing many attitude adjustments and soul searching and unexpected happenings sometimes throw me off track... In the summer savoring the lush and lazy days whenever possible captures contentment and hopes for the days to be more plentiful are wished for...
I have pictured just a few little things found at the antique store for.... altered art...
A very old...old rhinestone pin... a child's little flat iron..{ thought it would make a great paper weight} A couple lovely old photos.... keys.... a little leather boot coin purse.... old crochet lace... and a course below a couple great old books in nice condition ....


Wishing you all a blessed and peaceful day.....


















3 comments:

Richard Cottrell said...

I know what you mean about budget, these days. I don't seem to have one. My business is so slow, and the bills just keep coming. So, rest assured, you are not the only one on that shape. RC

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Summer has been here for about a month now and will hang around til late in the year. Temps even on hazy dusty days are above 100 :/ 70 sounds great to me. Today was my first full day of summer vacation and I can't say I've accomplished much -- cooking, crocheting, but absolutely no cleaning. Purging and organizing is on my list of things to accomplish, along with all the projects I want to get done. Gotta get motivated to start. :/ Hope you have a great day. Tammy

Sheila A. said...

I really enjoyed this..lovely place.