Friday, July 8, 2011

Learning Not To Sweat The Small Stuff

Oh, maybe today was suppose to be a non post day, as Blogger lost my whole post after I had it completed...grrrrr.... I spent time over to the golf course this morning with a make up league game.. This morning was lovely as the gentle breezes kept us cool and allowed me to swing away freely and I scored quite well... Coming home I watered the front yard of plants that are struggling with the heat and dryness. Just finished 2 loads of laundry and lunch and dishes... I am thinking a sort shut down and a nap may be a good move before taking on our evening of golfing... eating... and some Keno.... that is on the agenda for later this late afternoon...
I do continue to be amazed at the talent of fellow bloggers that I frequent and the inspiring posts... It is lovely to share thoughts and lifestyles with others... Many are much more posh than mine but I still continue the ways that are available to me to try to make my home, welcoming and cozy. There are many other factors that make a house a home such as friends... family... and the treats and nourishment that come from out kitchens... These are some of our life's joys and simplest pleasures and learning to enjoy and realize this is so very important to our well beings...
With living there has to be a peace... I am still trying to learn this to a full degree and not to sweat the small stuff... as I sweat enough with the 90 degree temps we have been having... Wishing you all a lovely evening and sending the very best of wishes to you.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to follow this advise but I come from a long line of worriers & that I seem to do with skill!! LOL!!
Our roof is nearly done..... So tired of the mess, even though it isn't my mess to clean up. I will say this.... I will be so happy this winter when the snow is blowing & I know that I have a nice new, tight roof!! Yippee!!
Have a wonderful evening!
Marilyn

Sandi said...

Hi Marietta,
It is another hot one today, but not as bad as previous days. I am at my sons right now and they have a huge inground pool, but I have yet to buy a suit and put it on this body! HA!!
Went to the French Flea today in Horton, Indiana and it was amazing!! FUN TIMES!
Blessings~

Unknown said...

This morning we had some lovely sun, but now rainshowers are here again so here I am inside, behind my laptop, enjoying the sweet smell of the chocolate cake I put in the oven, should be done any time now! Going to make some coffee now, read a little and then there´s still some ironing to be done. Don´t mind doing these chores, I find them quite relaxing actually. Hope you have a lovely weekend Marietta! Enjoy, hugs, Ira