Friday, July 29, 2011

Today's Life Filled With Spam

It is a grey, humid day, with a small amount of rain fall, here, in my little country corner of Ohio today...It is just past noon and Tom and I just returned from a trip to town... We needed a few things at the grocery and some pool chemicals.... We were told at the pool store they would be coming in about 2 weeks to tear out the old existing pool we are using and built us a new one.... It's getting close...
I was reading stories on Yahoo news on the Internet as I do most days... My head is shaking as I am whispering ol'e my golly... what in the world is taking place.....as I am just blown away by some of the SPAM that is considered news.... This causes me to wonder and care what has happened to the Portrait Of America... Other countries read this on the Internet ... What happened to the times when there may have been a little gossip at the local cafe or general store... Now we are hearing about Jesse James X fiance having a early age tattoo of him under her arm pit... Where did he come from anyway... wasn't Jesse James a outlaw???? Oh my gosh, my golly.... I think we have Sandy to thank for this one, but she didn't know what was coming either... I would much rather hear more serious reports like we are searching for solutions to get the ma and pa back to being able to sell their bread and eggs and allowing people to have the pride in their towns and heritage and history... I believe in backing locals to help insure they will be there and share in a need for one another... For myself. I am for family and community and food... not some show off meal that cost a fortune... but wonderful, nourishing, flavorful food... The wonderful and deserving old ways of meaning and life will be much better is we are all serving up old fashion pieces of history instead of all the SPAM we receive today... SPAM was something in a can we ate when money may be a bit tight for groceries but still provided nourishment... { Mom use to place cloves with a couple teaspoons brown sugar and bake it like a ham for about a half hour... I crave that good old taste of the past every once in awhile} Now days SPAM doesn't nourish the body but plays with the mind.... Seems as though we must get ourselves to return to the building on the past and increase our art of reinvention...To know something is beautiful inside as out....

1 comment:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

It is too bad most of the country is always wanting to hear stories of the latest celebrity crisis....or is that the networks thinking that is what we want to hear? I do like what NBC NIghtly News does everynight at the end of the newscast. It spotlights something positive that is going on in the world...ends on a good note, if you will. I just came home from the Dollar store and the humidity is through the roof! Ugh! Going out to dinner with my family coming to town to celebrate my 58th birthday...hope the restaurant is cool! Have a great weekend!~Hugs, Patti