Friday, August 12, 2011

A Calm Lovely Day

I don't believe there will be gardening today as I have awaken this morning to feel just a might bit sluggish after the jewelry party held in my home with my daughter last evening... All in all it turned out to be a fun time surrounded by a few of Starla's friends and my friends who were all willing to be dazzled by the jewelry and warmed by the laughter... My daughter and I earned just a few dollars under 400.00 of free jewelry so I will be supporting a couple new looks soon...
The sun is shinning brightly this morning as the day promises to reach temps in the mid 80's.. Sunday is our church festival of which will take all of the day up... I already know I will be very tired when arriving home...
A couple loads of laundry will be done today and a few things out of place from the party will be returned to their proper places... Plans to hopefully lay in the sun for a half hour or so this afternoon as my tan has started to fade from not being in the sun during all those 90 degree days we received... Then tomorrow I plan on doing some more pricing of objects that I choose to part with on my upcoming garage sale...
I have hopes that all enjoyed their evening out last night.. I know many times a evening or afternoon at a friends home can be quite refreshing... Several of my friends have inviting homes with whites and creams, vintage furniture, laces, grain sacks or elegant furniture... but I still find the romantic touches are the ones that send me into total enjoyment.. Romantic is not created with passing trends or latest styles.. it is for me one of a kind treasures or objects that make it so totally special... It is the art of gathering together pieces and objects that are visually pleasing that create this appeal.. I think many times we worry about if it goes while if you stick with things you love... it will work... The key is to combining your displays and not splattering them all over in individual places... Objects speak more when they are in grouping just as we do as a family... One of the biggest ways of adding ambiance and romance is through what we choose for our lighting.. Oh please... not a bear bulb or a ceiling fixture... Twinkling soft shades and sparkling chandeliers improve your rooms looks and appeal and add the instant comfort you so want... You can have the most romantic room in the world but if you don't have the lighting right it will not do it justice... Remember when the use of old and worn... it would be brutal under bright lighting... Soft and candlelight is always flattering just as a girl's best friend is the little black dress...
I am off , my laundry is calling for some attention and folding to resume it place back in drawers and closets... Bidding you all a lovely weekend with many blessings.... as we are cruising right into it...


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Marietta, sounds like you and your daughter had a wonderful jewelry party! How nice! Hope you will have a lovely weekend, blessings, Ira

Cheryl said...

Oooh sounds like you had a really successful night of buying and absorbing pretty blingy things. Enjoy your church festival on Sunday.

Sandi said...

Happy weekend Marietta! My oldest daughters family were coming in for the weekend so I bought extra food...then she called and said her hubby had to work so they couldn't...so had son and his family up last night to eat part of extra food. Now she calls and says they are coming again. tee hee I can't keep up!
Stay cool and enjoy the weather!
Blessings~

Cheryl said...

Oooh sounds like you had a lovely evening of bling and good company. Sounds like my idea of a good time.
Cheryl