Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Charming Place To Dwell

Seems so long since I have had a chance to post or follow blogs I love and it in reality has only been a few days.. I am so ready to get back to my everyday simpler life.. The sale is over and was successful and the pool cover has been anchored and stretched and covered till next spring...
Thursday evening after the sale Tom and I rode to Defiance to catch a a bite to eat and upon returning home I misfooted and fell when getting out of the car right into my garden space in front of the house into a rock and buried plate in the garden area.. Needless to say I am bruised and sore but nothing broken... Geez, I don't like falls...I plan on making some small changes in the house this next week when I am not moving as gingerly... I will take a look at my objects I choose not to put a price on and mix them up and marry them with something new.... I always of course have a romantic look in mind... Simple but beautiful that delights the sense of sight and smell always works... Sparkling glassware catching light always adds a touch of the lovely.. I many times said that the lighting makes or breaks a mood in a room.. Spread soft light throughout the room instead of one pendant in the ceiling is the key... Always in cooler times the flickering of a candle or the fire in the fireplace makes it complete..
Although we may be having a few lovely days and I plan on enjoying them as they are available, I am adjusting to the fact that summer living has just about came to the end for this year here in Ohio. Already the weather can't seem to make up it's mind..as today is chilly and grey and damp... I know keeping chills a bay is now going to require supplying more blankets to the bedding and throws for chilly nights while reading or viewing TV.. It all becomes part of a process as we prepare for our seasons to change... as we choose ti live in a area with four season... It is time to focus on bringing and using a mix of flea market and higher end antique objects for a uplift and create some charming spaces to dwell...

5 comments:

ShabbyESP said...

Hello Marietta,
Oh I hope you are ok from your fall, take it easy for a few days and enjoy your change of season.

Love visiting your blog
Suzann ~xoxo~

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Sorry about your fall! It was gorgeous here today in our part of the state. I thought it was going to be a rainy weekend but it couldn't have been lovelier. Tomorrow could be a different story with sprinkles around but pretty warm temps. We are starting to think about getting the yard doodads put away and cleaning up now dormant perennials. Hope you feel better!~Hugs, Patti

Unknown said...

Ouch, I hope you didn't get hurt too badly from the fall Marietta. Usually when there's no pain the next day or hardly any, things are going to be fine, hope you're doing great then! Today looks very promising, yesterday we had a beautiful autumn day with lots of sunshine and quite summery temperatures, needless to say we had an enjoyable day. Enjoy making plans for the coming week! Have a great Sunday, hugs, Ira

victorian parlor II said...

Marietta,

I'm sorry to hear that you fell but I am very glad you didn't break anything! The temps here are finally starting to cool off into the 80's and the glory of the autumn glow is beginning to take hold.

Blessings,

Kim

❦Bayside Gal❦ said...

Oh I hope you are feeling better. I've been reading through your posts and having a grand time.