Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Musings

As I have been working my way through belongings this week for my sale tomorrow I have found I have not one large item... Everything I have to offer is some small little decorating treasure... I also discovered that about myself.. It is not my style to have some large statement piece... rather I like to take a whole bunch of small objects and place them onto a vignette to make a statement... It is intriguing how we all have our own style and way of display.... I also made a statement on Facebook that I have been cleaning out things and my home seems to have more in it now than I started with... I think I have set times out that I found and decided not to part with and haven't had time to arrange or work in... I have gathered some fall decorations from storage but not too many as I don't have a hugh supply... I do love bittersweet however and have some lovely pieces of silk from my design days... One piece I have pictured today and I love it... Filled with silk dried hydrangea's... spiced oranges... and vines of bittersweet all arranged in a natural state in a very large white bowl that is a part of a pitcher and bowl set... The pitcher part has the same hydrangea's arranged in my living room.... When we are collectors we sure do get a bunch of stuff.... I am just sitting here shaking my head at myself...
For me fall brings on a nesting instinct... Acquired taste over the years has allowed me to love fall decorating but I don't care much for Halloween decorating... The urge for more actual cooking and warm foods seems to increase... Tom and I both like the tradition of a Sunday feast... with that comes only 2 meals instead of 3 however... A late breakfast and a complete supper...
I know all the delicate little details in ones lives differ greatly from family to family and I strongly urge all of you to live the life you love and enjoy... For me a touch of vintage and antique... good food ... family and friends just about says it all...
So long again for a couple days as I get through the sale and play catch it up afterwards... Sending best wishes and blessings....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post....
Just goes to show that it is the small things that make up the big picture!
Have a Great Day!
Marilyn

Unknown said...

I couldn't have said it any better than Marilyn just has Marietta! I fully agree! Apart from working I'm also busy preparing for Halloween; I still have quite a few items to make, since we are having a party for our family then. Already having so much fun preparing! Hope you have a lovely weekend, take care, hugs, Ira

FredaB said...

I was glad to read that the sale went well and sorry to read about your fall.

Hope you feel better soon. It shakes you up mentally also when that happens.

Thanks also for the lovely vintage pictures that you post. I really enjoy them.

Hugs

FredaB