Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas Heaven On Pages

Christmas heaven arrived on pages... of course I am speaking of my Christmas issue of Jeanne d Ark Magazine... They call it a magazine but with the price and the lovely inspiration I consider it a book to cherish and have no plans of ridding of the ones I have...
They state they are brimming with creative and fun ideas and that is " Oh so true".. and filled with traditions, expectations, happiness, and togetherness.. The simplicity of some of the rooms are hard for me to achieve cause I just plain and simple have too much stuff... but I sure love the look... When I find inspiration from here I usually create and tuck one more thing in with my house family of things.... Seems like every page just melts my heart ... I would like to attempt to make a few little objects from inspiration from the book yet this week... Some will not go with my theme this year of snow... snowflakes and icicles and sparkle.... but I always make some very small gifts for 5 or 6 friends or so and these will be perfect....
Yesterday at 6:00 a.m. a crew pulled in with the pieces of a small building Tom has wanted for several years now and finally ordered... This building is Amish built and was put together on site as it was too large to transport placed together.... I have place a picture of it on my Face book if you would like to check it out... We received very heavy rains in the afternoon so we didn't get things cleaned up around it as of yet... The wood is from the privacy fence that a portion was removed to place the building ...which now acts as privacy... There are a few projects I want to do in the spring to finish the pool area ... they weren't completed as the pool wasn't built till late fall and closed immediately due to the trees disposing of their leaves... I will hold those thought as I have to travel through a long winter season before this can take place...
I hope you are all searching for inspiration for your Christmas gift giving and decorating as bloggers and sites and magazines have a world of possibilities awaiting and many suited for myself and my shoestring budget....
PS. the pic is of angel wings that was created with drawing free hand and old book song pages and junk from stash for altered art creating...

3 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I think your angel wings are darling! I love the sparkly and feathery edges on them too! I have never seen the magazine that you are talking about. Is it sold online only? I see other bloggers talking about but have never seen a copy of it. I am trying to draw inspiration for the holidays from everything I see. Looks like the worst of the storms yesterday were up in your area but we did have a tornado warning just west of us last night. ~Hugs, Patti

Unknown said...

Wow, those angel wings look superb Marietta! It's nice to read about your plans for Christmas, I think it sounds wonderful and you'll certainly have a great time together! Hope you're doing fine. Hugs, Ira

Sandi said...

Adorable wings Marietta!! I was outside this morning cleaning up leaves. Put three or four wheelbarrows full in the pit to burn and there are still a lot on the ground! :)
Blessings~