Wednesday, November 2, 2011

In Door and Outdoor Charm

Pic from http://www.countryliving.com

Another sunshine day here in N.W. Ohio with the forecast calling for rain again tomorrow.. I so pray that the rain doesn't take place so the harvest of the fields can resume...
I just came in this morning from completing a few chores outdoor... Hung a couple small wreaths on the porch posts and a few ornament on the 3 foot lighted tree I placed in the antique buggy that sets as you enter to the front door of our home.. I have spent very little money on outdoor decorating over the years... I love to view decorated homes from the outside that have been decorated tastefully but do not care for the carnivals in the front yards.. I love seeing something as simple as the indoor candles perched in the windows casting their soft light and welcoming one to come in...I just love the charm of soft and lovely... Everyone however has their own way of decking the halls... Some love whimsical and some love beautiful.. It is all about the family coming and gathering from all directions that matters the most... I love the thought of coming to grandmas house when I was young.. Although there was never a bunch of presents in our family- there was the greatest gift of all.. being together...
Don't you just love the inspiration of working flea market finds in with your holiday and marrying all your collected objects ... in imaginative and unexpected ways.. Bowls of baubles always work for me..
Tom has been working equally as hard out of doors as he makes ready for the Amish workers to come and construct a new building 16' x 24' for the storage of mowers and outdoor equipment... He has been digging and leveling making ready for stone to be hauled in before the builders come.. This new building will be out by the new pool we put in this fall... The existing shed will then hold all the pool equipment and the gas grill ect... He has wanted this for several years and since we are not getting any younger we thought now is the time... We will be able to be much more organized and have flow in the garage that is now taken up with equipment.. Refreshing the outside is just as important as refreshing the indoors when it comes to welcoming friends and family... Wishing a lovely day to all...

1 comment:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Marietta!

Love the picture... the high chair to the left is gorgeous!!

I know your home is the most beautifully decorated in your area Marietta. You put such love and care into making a gorgeous Christmas for your family. And that's right... it's the being together... just like when I went to my grandma's when I was a wee one.

Hugs, sherry