Thursday, November 3, 2011

Musings

Idea and picture fromhttp://www.countryliving.com

I found this sweet idea on the Country Living website and thought it would be clever for Thanksgiving with the menu and a name card but also very sweet for Christmas decorating... I can see some old book pages and a old photo made into a altered art piece... The foundation is a scalloped cardboard cake mat.... These can be easily found...
The sunshine has left the area and the threat of rain is here... Today I spend most of cleaning the nest , laundry and cooking it seems... This morning while doing chores I placed a kettle of homemade ham,beans, and chunked potatoes on to simmer as cornbread baked in the oven for our lunch at noon.. Just before I sat down to post I prepared a small meat loaf to go into the oven in about a half an hour and have some potatoes baked for cutting up to make fried potatoes and harvard beets ready for warming... also a apple waldorf salad has been made with honey crisp apples and placed in to chill.... After supper I feel the need to just relax and cuddle up and watch some TV....as my body is telling me that is what I should do....
Have you been thinking of your finery for the holidays and how you will be using it to decorate this year? I noticed that many of you other bloggers have also been creating and making ready for the holidays with your talents... Candles need to be included at the holidays... the gentle flickering and the aroma of the scented candles are luscious... The allure of the sight of staggered and varying styles of candlesticks and tapers are always a touch of glam... With the chill of the nights getting upon us I think the candles will be making a appearance in my home soon... I am off to place the meat loaf in the oven and sending you best wishes and blessings for a peaceful and relaxing evening....

2 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

What a neat idea for the menu and name card!
After a couple of below freezing nights we are having a respite with a day of (warmish) sunshine, but tomorrow the rains come ~ again. It's ok though ~ it is expected here in the PNW! ;~P
You certainly deserve to put your feet up and relax ~ seems you have done alot! And mmmmmmm...may I come to dinner? It all sounds so delish!
No holiday finery, yet! I'm still working on summer clean up out of doors!
I am looking forward to a relaxing hot bath and a bit of time with hubby before retiring to bed. I think I have caught a wee bug ~ I am feeling a bit achy this evening!
Thank you for your wishes and blessings and may they return to you twofold!

Unknown said...

That does look wonderful indeed, it's a totally different and surprising way to make a menu! Looks like you're well prepared already Marietta! It's so warm over here, it feels like spring outside. We'll start our decorations around the beginning of December, ideas are already beginning to spin in my head ;-) Hope you have a lovely weekend, hugs, Ira