Monday, November 21, 2011

Ushering In The Holidays
































Thanksgiving week is upon us ..ready or not.. here it comes...

Some holiday events have started taking place... I attended one Saturday afternoon with several friends.. the event was very enjoyable.. it was held in conjunction with the Festival Of The Trees, held at the Eagles in Defiance, Ohio.. I snapped a couple pictures that the tables were created and made ready by the hostesses of the table you are seated at. They had 3 servings of tea and finger foods.. First were scones... second finger sandwiches... third being sweets... It was served by Defiance students... All was very delicious...

My very favorite table was the BLACK... It was done with a Gibson girl theme and very striking... My second favorite was the candy canes tables... So full of eye candy... A picture of several friends in attendance.... Kay came in vintage style and wore a lovely vintage black hat that she looked very sweet in... It was a great vintage hat.... A very nice time was enjoyed by all of us... Many people placed allot of time and energy in this event.... Great job.

I spent a couple days and evening last week creating cards of altered art for several friends I will be attending another Christmas event with... Many hours can be spend working on these types of presentations...

Once again I find myself needing to be off to my maid job and get some cleaning and making ready for Thanksgiving.... Sometimes I wonder how two people can create so much dust.... There is much to do as tomorrow morning is planned to go purchased groceries... my dreaded job but I will smile and be thankful we have the money to purchase whatever we desire and share with about 20 people..... Never quite know if a extra face will attend or not... I do not have a space for everyone to sit at a table together ... therefore the food is out on the island and counter and the free for all begins.... It works and there is always plenty for all.....

I am sure many of you are feeling just some of the pressure that starts to happen at the holidays... I am going to just try to keep good thoughts and thankfulness in mind and keep working in short periods till I am successful at completing what will need to be done... Keeping a happy heart ... the body may not be as happy but I will try to be kind to it.... Last evening I was very kind and watched two back to back movies on the Hallmark channel... "A Dog Named Christmas" and " The Christmas Wish".... Both were the kind that makes you heart all mushy....











3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful event you've been to Marietta. So much to see and it's always nice to meet up with friends and have a little chat! And about cleaning house: just think of how beautiful everything's going to look once everything's been dusted :-)

Edie Marie's Attic said...

What fun that looks like Marietta! The tables are all so festive and creative.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving and take time to enjoy the moment.

Hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a Wonderful & Blessed Thanksgiving ! !
Love,
Marilyn