Monday, December 5, 2011

Have Your Own Charm and Style

Last evening I was anxious to watch HGTV for the Celebrity Homes decorated for the holidays... Did any of you watch this? After viewing... I was left to wonder what the celebrities really thought of their homes decorated by other for the holidays... A few things were striking and designer worthy but all in all I wasn't left just to very impressed with what was really done...
Taking someones home and making it to that person's liking can be a very hard chore and I think in most cases hard to achieve...
I would have to say the decorating for Curt Warner's family home struck me in part the most... I was taken with the silver tree... { although I do not know how she ever got the smell of the silver metallic paint to go away}.... I loved the idea of the chandeliers in the trees... and the lovely very over stated ornaments with the glam ..wow.. factor... Loved the crystals but not the fact of having to walk through them.... Did not care for the colored trees and brightly colored hanging packages .... Struck me as tacky.... would have loved to have seen something flow more together.... The pool area for the most part I did love... Thought the palm tree snowed created from a pine tree looked beautiful and the hanging snowflakes.... very striking... wasn't a fan of the pool not being usable and filled to the brim with balloons.. I guess I would have rather the pool been just touches of snow and sparkle... This could have been created with cut pieces of solar blanket or foam with faux snow or snowflakes... I would want my pool in use.... This is my personal thoughts making me wonder how the owners really felt... I guess having created for others over the years I have always had the feeling it just isn't your own unless you do it.... It is truly hard to create someone else's taste and style.... I think everyone needs to create their own personal charm......Make it yours....no matter how simple or how overstated.....

2 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Yes, I watched it. I think they were for a special party or something but I really did not care for any of them. Just too too much! I think alot of it was just for television sake to make a show.~Hugs, Patti

Unknown said...

It's not broadcasted in our country, so I couldn't see it. What I never understand is how people can ask other people to decorate their house for them. How on earth will it become YOUR home? It's usually always the taste of others. But hey, so glad I don't have to worry about that, I'm glad I can do my own decorating ;-)