Monday, December 12, 2011

Scraps

Yesterday for some reason and it seems to happen every year at least one day of the holiday season I allow myself to be overcome with all the commerical part of Christmas and it causes negative thoughts and sadness and depression... Today as I woke up to a new day I am concentrating on positive and sharing love and laughter .... even if it is created from scraps...


Scraps seem to play a big part in my life... now and through the years... Always trying to make something from nothing... Making a penny try to stretch to a dollar... Creating scrap cards and gifts... Somehow I always make it work... A far cry from watching many others spend hundreds even thousands on Christmas and giving in to the WANTS not the NEEDS... Back on track today I am liking myself much better.... even though in a bit I am going to drop off my prescriptions to be filled and all my extra funds will be gone in one pop... I must realize how fortunate I am to have medication that has extended my life... Sometimes we just forget... So I will search through out the year for wonderful old papers and scraps that can be created into something lovely... and I am very happy surrounded in my scraps when I do not allow the negative in... I do believe the beauty and magic of Christmas is in our thinking... We alone have the power to control... appreciation not comparison....


The picture above is another scrappy project I created this weekend... The base is a very old book cover.... A old songbook page... a image from Dawn ...

http://the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com ... a paper doily.... old cord... rusty litle jingle bell and a old metal...... Will use this for Christmas but can be used in a vignette during the season also...

3 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Marietta...you artwork is always, always so beautiful to me!!!! And this piece is gorgeous ~ I love that image and love what you've created. Beautiful thoughts as well sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

Anonymous said...

Oh Marietta...you artwork is always, always so beautiful to me!!!! And this
piece is gorgeous ~ I love that image and love what you've created.
Beautiful thoughts as well sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

Unknown said...

Love your altered book Marietta! It's really lovely! Fantastic image and those doilies make such a fine embellishment. Sending smiles and blessings your way, Ira