Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sending Wonderful Wishes

No snowballs here today as it is mild and rainy in NW Ohio as I prepare to be off to a friends home soon for a get together with a few other ladies to share lunch and some holiday time...
Yesterday was grocery shopping and baking roll out sugar cookies and of course dusting the floor with flour and powered sugar as I do so... Later in the evening I watched Ohio State Girls basketball and a Christmas movie on TV...
Here lately it seems I need to live well and obtain positive thinking, try to smile often and cook much... Through all this I keep in mind one of my favorite thought by Oliver Wendell Holmes....
"Where we love is home. home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts"
Tomorrow and the rest of the weekend will be spent cleaning and controlling clutter, laundry , to baking and altered art... Final touches as we head into the celebration of the birth of Jesus... The real reason for the season...
The wishes of wanting a cheerful home that is warm and welcoming to all that may come and with the desire to live life to its fullest... Comfort and joy comes with being relaxed.. I once remember telling Tom if he got any more relaxed he would be in a coma... That is a lovely way to be as the outside world carry's on its mad run... I refuse to be a part of it...
Sending wonderful wishes as we all prepare to spent time with family and friends and if for some reason that will not happen for you this year... I so hope you find peace and the love of the season...

3 comments:

Richard Cottrell said...

Warm wishes to you as well. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Unknown said...

Sending blessings and warm wishes your way, too, Marietta. I just wish for everyone to have not just a house but a happy, warm and comfortable home, too. Really love this season, my husband and I are not 'winter people', but Christmas is our favourite season. Take care, Ira

Shopgirl said...

I want to thank you for all the wonderful things that you share. Not just in pictures (I love them) but your words, often I have come to your house (Blog) and felt mush better after reading what you have written. Merry Christmas, Your Mary