Thursday, January 12, 2012

Little Tucks

Glass cloche on fireplace mantle filled with a men's antique shirt collar... a antique photo and a old pipe belonging to my father......



Glass cloche on dining table filled with lovely lace collar ... a old compact.... old roll of lace and vintage rhinestone and on the back a lovely antique valentine....










Old book pages with covers torn scattered about... Love the texture and coloring with objects I have in my home.....



Little tucks of Valentines with a romantic flavor have replaced holiday objects.. Different little tucks of antique and vintage have been placed in glass cloches or set about... As I sort through objects around the home in a effort once again to add eye candy to my home for zero dollars... Small pages of books with the hard covers torn off and used for altered art projects have had vintage cord and embellishment added.. I have a small altered art book started that I will be working on as the weather become more severe... I have the cover finished and the pages ready for embellishment... the fun part... I also plan on adding some hand written little words of inspiration to the pages to pick up on a day that is in need of a small pick me up..... I will share when completed... It is going to be sweet...


I have found that small little treasures to make layers of beauty offer the inspiration and contentment I seek. These inexpensive little objects offer creative expression and often when changed up visitors think I have purchased new and I have not spent a dime... just played musical spaces with the objects... Winter is my most favorite time for blogging, the wonderful place for sharing and caring... Summer months I spend do much time out of doors but this morning as I peer out to my back yard over the covered pool and rain and chilly and temps about to drop down according to the forecast.... it doesn't seem very inviting... but I do know what awaits in the spring... The back outdoor space will once again come alive with many lovely hours spent there.... the idea of finishing a couple spaces in the yard that it was too late to do in the fall is even exciting thoughts... The grass seed came up and we have a lovely stand of grass where the yard was dug up and had to be redone... I was sure we would have nothing but dirt for a period of time next season but it looks like it will be fine...


As you my friends know ...I love being surrounded by a world of yesterdays... Excitement come when I view something that someone has re purposed... Love for dressing up { oh not me the country jeans only gal } but objects... from prim to girly... I love it all. Especially if it comes off deliciously quirky.... Sending best wishes to all.
PS..... I wanted to share the news of the day... My daughter just called and confirmed she indeed pasted her bar and is now offically a RN... I am so proud of her... she worked so very hard studying... many time ready to admit defeat but didn't.... Now her rewards can follow.... I am a proud mama.....



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your "mother pride" is justified! Way to go!! I wish her much sucess in her field.....
Lovely post...
Have a Wonderful Day!!
Marilyn

Antiques In Old Town said...

Love the new music...It is the little things that we love. Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

So beautiful blog!Very,very romantic,i can reise i time when i see this pictures!Congratulation!
Hilse from Rose fra Norway.

Richard Cottrell said...

Fun way to showcase favorite things. Richard from My old Historic house.

Unknown said...

Isn't it wonderful to be able to cherish items that once belonged to our forefathers? Pieces to be truly cherished and loved forever and passed on to the next generation. Pieces that have stories to tell... Have a great weekend, hope you're doing fine Marietta!

victorian parlor II said...

Congratulations on our daughter's achievement!!! What wonderful news:). I love all of your cloche displays-they are beautiful! I decorated with things from around the house for Christmas. We didn't bring down the Christmas decorations form the attic but instead used the red and white china, crystal and silve. It was very pretty and I added some Christmas items I had in the closet and it worked well. I always enjoy seeing how others use their treasures in new ways too:).

Blessings,

Kim