Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday Morning Musings








I am loafing so far this morning but soon will be off to do Monday morning chores... The laundry however is started and a couple rooms swept... As soon as I post I will be off to the world of dust bunnies...

Saturday Tom and I attended his grandsons basketball tournament in Archbold Ohio... Before we did however I ask Tom if we could stop in nd visit the antique shop... I saw many very nice objects but ony came away with a folder of religious sheets with some beautiful graphics and handwriting on them... I will use a couple for altered art and I believe I would like to frame the one... More thought needed to be given to what I would like to do. however... I spend a whole $1.00... a true thrifty girl... unlike the last time we visited the antique store in Defiance and Tom purchased the lovely pedestal table to hold the TV... When looking I really can't say I found anything I liked much better than what I already have...When being a thrifty chic I do believe we must remember we are not under any kind of pressure to redecorate our rooms of our home as we need a reflection of our personal style.... Achieving a relaxed elegance however takes alittle doing... It does not require a large pocketbook but alittle creativity... Developing inspiration and creativity can be self taught by being open to what we view... I cannot start from scratch as I have stated before due to the budget I stay on but I can add a few or take away a few for different appeals and appearancces... Soon my indoor space will not seem to be as imprtant as I will have full thoughts and desires on outdoor spaces... I have thoughs of hunting blue and white old dishes and china ... can be old crazed and chippy as I want them for outdoor use... hanging on privacy fence and digging into garden spaces... Even have thoughts of old blue cookware for tucking in plantings... Our new pool we had built last fall has a very deep blue lining and I think the blue accents will pop and still keep with the antique and vintage that decorated the other parts of our country home... I have used old garden and kitchen tools on the fence for many years now and think a change will be nice as I know it can be done for a small amont of money as we won't be parttaking of food on these dishes... All I need to remember is I do not have to spend a impressive amount of money to reach the goal I would like to achieve.. I should be able to do it on a very small budget.... Little details mean so much... Chain store purchases just recieve a thumbs down from me as it is not my style or passion... I personally usually have a first impression and I know that is not always a good thing but my first impression starts before I even enter ones home as to the love that dwells there... Curb appeal and a neat and tidy porch or entrance that says come on in even though it may be repurposed junk spells it all in my thoughts... Little treasures and lovely outdoor spaces just invites you in to see wht pleasures may be awaiting inside...

Ok I am off to do the maids chores... shes on break once again..... oh well she doesn't get paid anyway....



3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's been quite some time since I last visited your blog Marietta, too much work (always a bad excuse, I know ;-) and we had to look after my MIL since the entire family was on holiday last week. Hope you're doing fine. Spring is finally in the air, I can smell it, don't you just love it? New flowers coming up right through the grass, always such a marvel to look at, love the wonders of life. Wishing you all the best, Ira

Anonymous said...

I am having a Pillowcase Giveaway ! !
Stop By before 3/10 & leave a comment...
Have a Great Day!!
Marilyn

Susie said...

Marietta, I think the blue/white dishes will look very nice on the fence and in the garden snuggling with plants. Absolutely thrifty. take a break from those maid chores. :):) Smiles to you,Susie(She Junks)