Thursday, February 23, 2012

" Plain "

As February continues and soon will give into March the quotation " In like a lion and out like a lamb" comes to mind... I am not quite as convienced that will take place this year but time has it's own little secrets...
This month of February has been a record year for me as far as reading books.. I have never completed as many books as I have this month... and thoroughly enjoyed the time spent ... Maybe the satisfaction comes with the enabling of having the time to do so or maybe just the wisdom to be like the Nike saying and " Just DO IT" There certainly was time time in my life for many years I would not have allowed myself this wonderful quiet time..but with the aging process I have so learned it is OK to breathe and enjoy the quiet moments and take them for ones self.... I stated earlier several of the reads have been Amish reads enjoying the scriptures quotations and linking them to everyday living...
Looking forward to the lengthening of days and thoughts of outdoor living... In Amish readings it is always quoted of them as being " Plain ".... I think my living and desires to be " Plain " according to English standards as when thinking of our friends I do not seem to acquire nor have the desire that some need to seek to acquire a form of happiness. All Tom and I's so called luxuries seem to be based at out home.. Of course our extensive use of TV and computers being top on the list.. I certainly love conviences of technology but I do enjoy many very simple things of yesteryear... Enjoying decorting in the past and keeping old family and holiday traditions are important... I really do not sit and long for more as I truly have more than ample enough to make anyone's life desirable... Examining my life and our way of living, yes, I have a few struggles but as a whole I have not a longing to be somewhere or someone else...
Lent started yesterday and with it a sense of peace for me... Accepting where I am in life and my knowledge to know there will be more grief to be endured but with it the wisdom to enjoy the moments and many of them will be spent with simple acts.... just a minute ago the sun came up and was shinning ever so bright warming the winers day at our little home in the country..... This alone is very enjoyable... Jah... maybe I am just a bit " Plain "...

" CELEBRATE THE HAPPINESS THAT FRIENDS ARE ALWAYS GIVING, MAKE EVERYDAY A HOLIDAY AND CELEBRATE JUST LIVING..."
Amanda Bradley


4 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Marietta, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Susie said...

Marietta, Once when I was working, raising my daughters and going to school myself, I thought I was really doing something. Then I read, "In the life of an amish woman", a colume in our local papers. Well gee, I felt like a big slacker...the lady did more in one day than I did in a month. Show-off...LOL Yes, sweet lady, let's enjoy our quiet times.xoxo, Susie(She Junks)

Miss Gracie's House said...

You have such a sweet, dear peace with your life, dear one...an example to us all:)
Rene

Shopgirl said...

I have done a lot of reading myself. Our son Cory and family got us a Knook, so I am trying to get used to it. I love the feel and smell of a book, we will see how this works for me. Have a great weekend, this looks like a good read...Hugs, Mary