Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sing Anyway

Today is mild in temp but rainy and very,very, windy here in NW Ohio. Leaves are blowing thorough the air  as they make their journey to the ground for another seasons clean up. Very soon the trees will be stripped .. due to the drought this year I do not think the colors are as brilliant as we do not have many reds in the viewing of woods and landscapes...
     Farmers were halted yesterday as the rains made their appearance... Machinery were left setting in the fields till the day when they can return to harvest once again...
     Last evening Tom and I attended a birthday gathering that my niece had planned for her fathers 75 th birthday and enjoyed the gathering... Placing many hours of thought and work into this special event for her father it was nice to spend time with my 3 children and with nephews I haven't spend time with for a period of time...
      With the holidays coming on rapidly it always seems this time our thoughts are spent thinking of family and how very special the time is... Maybe today I will find a couple hours to work on some altered art Christmas objects for this years decorating.. as the winds continue to blow with quite a bit of force... A nap maybe considered as soon as I make and place a meatloaf and place it into the oven to bake for this evenings dinner and enjoyment...Nothing quite like taking a nap to waken to the aroma of food baking for the partaking..
       Soon winters wonder will be upon us... I have been searching for fresh and new ideas for holiday decorating and entertaining... for my own us and for sharing... This year due to my recovering from cancer the last couple months the decorating may be in a small but lovely manner.. and of course will be done in vintage and antique with a touch of French.. Choice will be made in vignettes and the tucking of seasonal in with existing objects..Although I do not decorate the same every year as many do... I usually make the changes by creating on a slim budget... and tucking with some lovely objects from year to year..  I have some pink glass balls that were quite expensive that I will be bringing out and using with newly created objects... I do love seasonal and traditional objects in the mix... I do not use red and green but do enjoy seeing it in others home and businesses... I also love thinking beyond the tree when using ornaments as glass ornies can be used in glass bowls... baskets... and lovely jars and glass cloches... filling these objects with these lovely baubles can be quite stunning... plus it does connect your theme ... The above images can be used if you would wish for some of your Christmas creating....I am using many in my creating...
     Wishing you all a blessed Sunday... God teaches love and love never fails.... even though some days we do have have a song in our heart we need to sing anyway.....

1 comment:

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Love your photos! I have been thinking of Christmas and like to change it up creations. Keep sharing...