Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Peaceful Journey

A very pleasant evening was spent in my home last night enjoying cards, conversation, and refreshments of this holiday season. Treats not normally kept on a everyday basis were enjoyed..
       Now the time has come for me to concentrate on finalizing purchasing for the Moser Family Gathering of approximately 70...
      After posting I am going to try thr Origami Star that a lovely post and illustrations was viewed on http://lillablanka.blogspot.com beautiful pics and full directions and can be translated to English with translator... I had viewed this a couple years ago and didn't follow through with it ... but I have old books and song book pages in the craft supplies just waiting to be created into something ... Will post some pics if I am successful later..
     Tonight we are off to Defiance college to watch a guy man that played for Tinora High School play a game at college level... and stop at Frickers and partake of some chicken... before the game.
     Many of our friends will be preparing to leave for long stays in Florida, in fact the two couple that were here last evening will be also... Tom and I have decided once again this year to stay behind and enjoy the comforts of home that we pay the utilities and maintenance on... We find we are very content attending the high school sporting events and leaving early and maybe having a small sandwich out when we attend games held out of town.. Tom and I feel we can have our golf membership and trail fees and buy all our chemicals for our in ground pool all summer and into the fall for what we would spend on vacation and it seems to work for the lifestyle we enjoy in the summer and fall months.. I may be a bit of a handful as I am a home body and feel very blessed to have and sleep and have a warm shelter each and every day and night... These of course are just my feelings and are not what everyone desires. I am just so very content to be counting  my many blessings and truly and sincerely having the feelings of  always wanting the extras.. So many little extras are offered in everyday life that we may just let slip right on by us.. My desire and goal is not to let them slip by and take every opportunity to let the offerings bring peace and warmth to me...
    Wisdom has surely developed with age and what I thought was once so important was found it wasn't at all.  I certainly know the most important gift in life is your health and be ever so thankful every single moment for it...
     Hoping all of you are looking forward to the next couple weeks to be a peaceful journey and not allow yourself to fall into being stressed... Take the time to enjoy what the season ... for what really matters...ENJOY...

2 comments:

Ruth Kelly said...

You are blessed to stay at home and feel the comfort of your own bed. I've considered checking out the snowbirds in Yuma, Arizona because the storms in Utah tear my heard apart with migraines.

Bohemian said...

No Stress for us this Christmas, we're going with a Simplified Old Fashioned Christmas with focus on Family & the Reason for the Season. The G-Kid Force are reveling in it and with the Simplicity there is more time spent doing enjoyable things that cost very little or nothing. I'm Smiling at the Migration mention as I live in the Arizona Desert and the Snowbirds are showing up right about now. I'm a Gypsy Free Spirit and spent almost all of my Life as a Global Nomad, which I often miss & the Open Road beckons to me at times. But for the past decade we FINALLY put down some roots, bought a Home without wheels and are enjoying this Ole House which is a Labor of Love to Restore and Connect to for more than just a little while.

Blessings & Merry Christmas from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian