Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Emotions At The Holidays

Last evening I attended a Ladies Christmas Party at the Defiance Elks with my sister-in-law, Judy.  As always it did not disappoint... Tables were lovely, luscious array of food and entertainment by a select group of young group of choir members from the Tinora choir.. the men waited on the ladies with food and drink and the meal was catered...was very relaxing and very much enjoyed..
    Today in NW Ohio it is rainy and mild with a colder front forecast to move in later today.  Tom and I plan on traveling to Delta tonight to attend a Tinora Guys basketball game and have supper out on the way there.. Tomorrow evening we invited a couple other couple for the evening to enjoy conversation, cards and refreshments..
     My emotions this year are very strong and the desire of just spending peaceful minutes enjoying little moments..I know I should count every single moment that brings a smile to my face with the traveling through a  major heart attack a couple years ago and my latest fight with this terrible disease we call cancer very recently..
     I stopped in a small little town called Pettisille at a floral and gift shoppe called Weeping willow and shared conversation with a friend that owns the shop and enjoyed the time spent viewing her inventory for Christmas decorating... I purchased a couple sprays of silk crystals as I enjoy them all year long adding them in different ways..for all season.. Love enter mixing with Christmas and being able to use all year..With the holiday season upon us putting up the decorations makes the house seem just right, enjoying the beautiful surroundings and adding the spice to our life just as we add the spice to our ginger breads and ciders as the extra we  so desire, making it all so enchanting...

4 comments:

Ruth Kelly said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are battling cancer. I don't know what silk crystal is. Could you put a photo of it on a blog?

I hope and pray that the Lord blesses you with your trials.

Unknown said...

It's only logical that your feelings are going in all kinds of directions Marietta, completely understandable. It's good to show them, too. Really hope that life will be kind to you my friend and that you still find pleasure in your Christmas preparations! Take care, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Curtains in My Tree said...


Hi there

I read a comment of yours over on Richard's from My Old Historic House and just wanted to stop and say Hi

I hope all works out well for you with your illiness.
I am still battling bulging disk in my back

take care and wishing you a Happy Christmas

Anonymous said...

i wish you a very lovely christmas and the happiest of new years. enjoy your lovely home and creations....it sounds like you have a very good outlook on life. take care. sharon