Thursday, January 10, 2013

Just A Ordinary Day

Another mild day... Home-made kettle of chili on the stove stop simmering for lunch along with a home-made old fashion scratch butterscotch pie fresh from the oven.. 
    Will be making the house more tidy this afternoon while I was hoping to do some crafting and creating I don't believe I am going to get everything done to do this... Have 2 loads of laundry going also... Just an ordinary day of my life in my little home in the country, but I am enjoying the moments as they come.. I find much contentment in my senior years of retirement as you have learned the wisdom for the love of life and the people who are in it.. I can find the smallest of things to be magical and simply gorgeous, such as the piece of luscious piece of pie and bowl of home-made chili that will be enjoyed in a bit... realizing every minute that not everyone will partake of a meal today... Tom is bowling and will be home shortly and his nose will be wiggling like a bunny when he hits the kitchen area... he will have lunch and will be leaving to make a trip to Toledo to try to help out his brother... He really enjoys all the home-made food and goodies...
     What is it that makes home so special to me... the warmth of it's walls that draws me in and keeps me safe and warm and is a place where ones you love gather and enjoy time together... We have a very peaceful home.. free of any drama...{ well except our puppy "Lucky" adds a bit once in awhile...}
    As the month of romance draws near why not add some touches to your home and inspire others to have soft feelings and moments of enjoyment to one's busy days... It is always a wonderful place to be where the coffeepot is on and a home-made treat is available to grace the loveliness of everyday living...

3 comments:

Ruth Kelly said...

What kind of pie are you showing us to make our mouths water? You make it sound so comfy and cozy.

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Old fashion scratch butterscotch.... It has been cut and heavily sampled as promised... delicious....

jinxxxygirl said...

Sweety why aren't YOU bowling?? AND going to Toledo?? HOme can only truly be enjoyed after you get out for a bit.....
Pie looks incredible! And now that you mention it i may have to make some turkey chilli. lol!
Hugs! deb