Monday, January 28, 2013

Passion For Antique Purses

One of my passions is collecting antique purses.... I try to allow myself at least one purse a year if the cost is over 100.00.. I find the beaded and mesh purses to be my favorites with their handmade works of elaborate and delicate work... Most of my purses are displayed in different areas on my walls except I enjoy placing a few of my finest in glass cloches changing up displays from time to time... My purses are hanging from little white drawer knobs similar to the first pic...Collecting involves searching for many specialities over 100 years or so... Many love collecting vintage of which is before the 1950's.. I also have a few of these in my collections... Not all my purses of course are museum quality but I love them equally as they to me show strength and endurance of surviving from the past years... and do not have to be in pristine condition..
        The first picture and second picture I pinned this morning from Pinterest and of course the last picture is of one of the walls in my little home in the country...
      Yesterday this little home in the country was filled with family as I hosted a 5th birthday party for my granddaughter Olivia...Pic on Facebook... As the day progressed into the evening hours so the weather thickened and snow and freezing drizzle arrived and throughout the nighttime hours... This morning all rural area schools were cancelled but the temps have gotten warmer with drizzling rain now.. I have taken it somewhat easy today as I did tire yesterday, so only mopping kitchen floor.. and a couple loads of laundry completed and supper will be placed on stove top shortly... Tom wanted smoked sausage... sauerkraut and mashed potatoes with another veggie so that's what it will be... Have some leftover cake from yesterday for dessert... Looking forward to lazy boy and TV viewing this evening....
   

3 comments:

The Creative Bohemian said...

Marietta, I collect vintage purses as well. I display them hanging on my bedroom walls. I inherited a chain link evening bag from my nana from her days as a flapper and that started me off. I love petite point bags the most, though.

Unknown said...

How lovely to collect those beautiful purses Marietta, every now and then we all need to indulge ourselves, don't we? How have you been lately? The snow has now left us and temperatures have changed from -15C to +10C within 3 days! Take care, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Pam said...

Hi Marietta, I love the old purses...they have so much style. They just don't make them like they use to! I think they have an elegance that just says style! Love that you have followed my "move"! I am now following you as
Simply Nordic Designs my new shop name! Loved hearing from you again Mes amies, xo Pam