Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Everyday Offers Possibilities


This morning was spent in the back room in my little corner finishing a card for my neighbor across the road and making a couple batches of our favorite shortbread... Knowing well if Tom sniffed the shortbread when he arrived home from golfing and I didn't have samples for him he would be disappointed.. My neighbor Connie lost her mother to a battle with cancer and the funeral was yesterday in Indiana...  The card and a plate of shortbread was for her and her family... Yesterday I also completed a card for Tom's youngest grandson Lance who will add another year on Saturday...
    Before I realize it days have passed and I haven't shared or posted on my blog... I find myself on my mini Ipad more and more and I do not post on it... I have found much more time being dedicated to Facebook and Pinterest than in the past.. Not traveling much at all this winter I also found I couldn't find words for writing... Hopefully when the weather and the sun appears to be more stable so will thoughts and inspiration... I have so many possibilities of projects I would like to do if I can arrange to complete some with the spending of funds and work with things I may have or can thrift at a market or sale... I am struggling a bit " getting the look" I would like to display more... I have some Victorian, shabby, cottage, French, and Vintage and cannot go purchase further so I just will remain with the mixture of bits and pieces... I must say most of it does work together cause most are in the same color....
    I can create somethings also... My puppy likes to go to the back room I have created a corner to craft and spend time creating in... Not completed as I need more clever and vintage looking  storage.... Just a work in progress... The puppy gets placed on a lease because he cannot behave himself... He knows how to open the storage containers with his nose and takes his nose and trows all the pillows off the bed and runs like a race horse when he has ribbons and lace and lets say anything thing that can fit in his mouth.... Maybe when he gets past the puppy stage we can spent more peaceful time back there... For right now he is outside as Tom is placing the border stone around the front area that we are making all stone and Lucky thinks he is playing with him... I have to smile for the little break as the puppy helps me all day long... Chasing the sweeper... chasing the broom... grabbing my mail from my hand and opening it... peers up as I am in the kitchen for anything that may make its way to the ground... Get the idea...He has so become a part of our life however and lets say he is a "LUCKY" dog...  Well , the afternoon has gotten away from me and it is time to think about getting supper... I made apple salad earlier and will have ham slices... mashed potatoes and corn... Hot bread on the griddle... That should make the tummy happy... ps.. feel free to grab the great graphics for altered art if you wish.... I love the writing...

No comments: