Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another Hankie Project










Just finished this little project this morning. I like to change some items for summer and thought I would change over this lamp shade. I usually have a beaded and crystal but will place him back for the holidays. For summer I like to lighten my colors and make look light and airy... if that is possible with all my objects I surround myself in... Humm..maybe not...I do display china with pink roses in several areas. The little server I have this little shade on is quite loaded as you can see. The lamp base itself is just a crystal candle stick purchased at thrift store for $1.00 and electric candle light adapter you can purchase at little gift and craft shops. I try to mix a bit of victorian and cottage vintage as I live in a ranch house and can't really pull of the full victorian home look. If I love it I mix it and it works for me . Maybe wouldn't be to everybodys liking.... JUST FOLLOW YOUR HEART AND WITH IT WILL COME BLISS.....



I started out with this little lampshade minus a few beads purchased at a thrift shop for 50 cents. Price was right.... I then just cut 2 hankies in half for triangle. Gathered them by hand and tacked them on. Added ribbon that came of something else I had tucked in drawer and added a little vintage pin that came from a garage sale. Took me less than a hour... Love it .. instant change.... on a tight budget......

No comments: