Wednesday, April 16, 2008

OLD CANDY BOXES







































I am showing you a small collection of old candy boxes.... I have tried to obtain more boxes on ebay and antique shoppes but seem to be outbid or not enough jingles in my pockets...so my collection remains rather small.

My very favorite one .. I believe to be German.. but no shaking of hands about it as I have thought wrong before. The graphic on the box are incredible.. F.G.METZER Nurnberg.. At the very top of the box their remains just georgous handwritting to whom I believe the wonderful old box of chocolates were given too. The name is.. EMMA GLENK 1894 This box of candy in my mind must have been given by someone of wealth. Inside the box on lid sd in photo fully illustrated with brillant colors ... The box has been with me for a number of years and I will hope to have it in my possession for a number of years more. In my eyes I think I bought a real treasure......
The other larger box that I have on the fireplace in the photo is featured with a photo of a lovely lady .A large amount of chocolate was in this box. The box has a seal on it saying from TOLEDO, OHIO and is interesting to me as our lovely town of DEFIANCE, OHIO is located about 50 miles away. The box shows some wear and age but makes it more desirable to me. I believe this box to be from the early 30's....
Another box is a Fanny Farmer 2 pound box. It is most likely the most recent box of all my boxes, but still alot of vintage appeal... Has great graphic on box sides. One side panel has the Statue of Liberty....
A couple photos of 2 different Half pound boxes.... One has stamps on the back and says...... To.. ELIZABETH J. { That is all the info...so I guess the horse that was making the mail delivery knew where he was going to deliver.. Maybe he got a carrot there... TEE...HEE...
I do enjoy changing things around for display and use these for Valentines day. A few months ago I used them as a tree skirt under My one tree and tucked the two little half pounders in the tree for just the right vintage look. As you can tell...{ i am not a ordinary tree skirt type of person} Always like to be unusal..... Back to earlier statements.. Surround yourself in what you love... Vintage style provides a warm charm and NEW inspiration. Its like walking on tip toes in a field of memories.

1 comment:

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Oh WOW!!!!! I love your boxes so so much. What a great collection you have. The are so useful too as you can use them to store little bits.. Welcome to blogging!! xo Heather