Monday, April 14, 2008

Surrounding Ourself In Things We Love








Surrounding Yourself In Things We Love....just being cozy and comfy is a important part of living.... Life is made up of allot of different comforts...Be good to yourself... Life is naturally going to cause discomfort over the course of years... When surrounding yourself in decorative objects and furnishings choose things you love to view and for comfort....If you have things around you you love and enjoy it softens the blows of stress....they offer comfort.. Luxury doesn't necessarily come with a price.. comfort itself ...is a luxury....Choosing your attitude about ordinary days can create many small pleasures.. Don't just look at your beautiful teacup and saucer.. serve yourself and indulge and enjoy...


I have inserted a couple photos of things I have in my surroundings.. I use alot of vintage brooches. I seem to find myself drawn to rhinestone pieces cause of their glam. Perfume bottles and frames are always around.. I had been admiring the frames being sold by a favorite seller that teamed up with a artist and even placed a couple bids till they got above 50.00 and they sold for 175.00 to close to 200.00. I about went into shock and thought I could never pay that no matter how much I loved them.... The photo at the top right is my try at creating one myself with vintage brooches in my own collection. It is not as beautiful as the ones I have seen but I am quite pleased with the way it turned out .... The more expensive the vintage brooches the more expense in the piece but I found the pieces do not have to be completely perfect to have a nice piece.... I have a local dealer ...Fort Defiance Antiques... who always works with me when I buy from her.... A nice place to shop ....
NO MATTER HOW RICH..... NO MATTER HOW POOR YOU ARE.. THERE ARE ALWAYS WONDERFUL THINGS TO SURROUND YOURSELF IN....

2 comments:

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Hi Marietta!
What a GORGEOUS post!!! I just loved what you said and it all RINGS true!!! Surround yourself with the things you love!!! WOW! Your brooches are GORGEOUS!!!! SO yummy and blingy! THe frame turned out beautiful!!! Thank you for stopping by and saying "Hi". I will be back soon for another visit. :))) Have a wonderful week!!!! :) XO

Cheryl Ensom said...

What a lovely post and so many really wonderful truths and lovely things to look at! I just love what you said..."Comfort itself is a luxury." That is so very TRUE. There is something so comforting (and luxurious!) about sitting down with a pretty cup of tea, isn't there? I am trying to pass this onto my girls, as well. I'll be back to visit more and would love for you to visit my blog, as well! Hugs to you....Cheryl :)