Friday, June 6, 2008

A PORCH IS A INVITATION






A porch is a invitation to charm and tradition..... In loved homes ...porches are outdoor additions to your home. They are usually decorated for different seasons... Summer being the longest celebrated. Many get decorated for fall and Christmas with eye candies to share with friends and family. this making a cheerful sign of welcome.....
When you think of a comfy, cozy porch you always think of a spring and summertime treat... LEMONADE....freshly squeezed lemons and a blueberry or strawberry or two floating in the ice... it is a perfect finishing touch for welcoming friends and neighbors.. Thinking of your porch as being as cozy as your indoor space makes a perfect mind set for decorating... Don't forget pillows... they are a great way to make a warm and cozy area and add color... This works inside and outside. Linens purchased at a garage sale or thrift shop make a lovely addition to outdoor spaces...they add a vintage look.... Being in the country I am not able to leave them outside on a permanent basis as the wind will not allow this to happen. I do add them when I am expecting a friend or family or I just want to have a special touch for myself.....
Fall is also fun with our pumpkins, gourds, bittersweets, leaves, and corns... I only like pretty however... Not interested in the fake cob webs.. horrible faces .. what I would consider junk for my porch.... I have never been able to understand why a person would want to do that to their home.... Just add a sweet little scarecrow.. that's spooky enough for this country woman.... Hum... How bout some mulled cider????
Then there is the wonderful holiday of Christmas with the pines, cones, wonderful ribbons, fruits and berries... Once again... I like pretty... Some like cutsie... but it's pretty for me... Hot Chocolate oozing with sinful whip cream anyone?????
Well I hope I have added some inspiration for you to add some love to your outdoor spaces... I am so wanting to do my final clean up, then just the daily cleans... but again it is not going to be today... The wind once again is ravishing everything in it's path... I snapped a couple photos earlier but you can see the cloths were blowing and nothing was staying upright... Oh, I do so want to enjoy my outdoor spaces. I will have to wait to take more pictures when I have friends over for tea in a couple weeks.... I promise pretty pictures then if possible... Hope you all are enjoying your porches.....

2 comments:

Myrna said...

OH! I LOVE your porch and how you decorated it!! So cozy and inviting! I know whatcha mean about the wind--it was REALLY blustery the day I had to take pics of mine. :-/
Thanks for sharing..and your garden looks great too..I love what you did with plates in the border!
Blessings,
Myrna

The Feathered Nest said...

OMGoodness!! Marietta! I love your porch! The fabrics draped across the chair and table are so beautiful to me. Very romantic...xxoo, Dawn