Saturday, June 7, 2008

POSTCARDS


Postcards carry more than captivating images and messages. Their stamps, postmarks, and graceful pen - and - ink messages give beguiling clues to other times. I love the use of old postcards. Mementos and ephemera such as old postcards are saved from generation to generation. We are finding so many of us love using them in our decorating and crafting.... I always have my eyes open for these beauties of the past.... In reading I found that the post card first appeared in 1870's. That was when handwriting's was still a art. I so love handwritten letters and notes as I stated in a post awhile back... A lovely hand penned post card with a lovely photo can be a true treasure from the past era. A era I truly miss.....

2 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

My Dad always had the most beautiful handwriting, I was in awe of it as a child. I am so surprised at the people that print instead of write. I am totally disgusted by people that hurriedly write their names in some form of alien shorthand...how special they are to not have to write so we can read.
sharon

Marie Reed said...

She is just lovely! I am another vintage postcard fan. It was nice to happen upon your blog!