Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Couple Goodies





I went to the post office to mail out ebay packages this morning and took a trip to the antique store in Defiance ..Fort Defiance Antiques.. and found a couple little goodies for a small little vintage fix... The first picture is a antique beaded applique from a dress... it is just lovely. There was a couple more pieces but at 8.00 a piece I thought I should do one. I thought it also would be pretty below my antique wedding tree for Christmas...
The second picture is a lovely irish linen hankie... also will use in tree for Christmas... Hundreds of little white childrens buttons and many others .... I bought a big jar full for crafting and the finer ones for display.....
The third picture is of a pair of rhinestone shoe clips... I can't resist rhinesone clips or brooches or buttons.. A fetish maybe...
The last picture is a wood holder that said crochet hooks and there was 2 in there but also several steel hat pin posts. I have been saving some lovely antique beads for just that purpose...
I did buy a handfull of vintage jewelry for altered art work but didn't take picure of them....I love to make a small shopping trip and lately I have been keeping myself on a budget to prevent stock piling and over spending.... Oh so very hard to do however when you are a person who is satisfied finding little goodies you know you can use for art or display...

No comments: