Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Today Project




I am going to work on a project today... This vintage lamp I just drug up from the basement pantry... It as been down there for at least 15 years without being touched... I just took it outside and scrubbed it with soap and water and it is drying in the sun... I just cut the very old crusty wiring out of it.... I had another one in the basement I brought up about 4 years ago and just made it real shabby with a crystal garland and prisms and old dessert saucers glued on candle tops... I burn tea lights for special things and have a small set of mini rice light just worked around top part... I stuck some antique paper and old silver spoons out the top as this will match fall and Christmas...

My mind is working and I am going to try and make the old card board and felt dress form that just arrived and the just right look crusty old floor lamp work together...... I purchased the cardboard and felt dress form off ebay a week or so ago....Well I'm off to see if I can make it work...... To be continued.....ps... the lamps belongs to Tom's mom and dad years ago....

1 comment:

MarysMadness said...

Ingenius! I'm so very impressed with your work! Your blog is great.