Thursday, October 9, 2008

AGED LACE




Last week when I was scarfing for things at the shop I mentioned was going out of business in a earlier post I did find a bag that had old lace which has been removed from another item.. It is allot of lace and I have plans on using it as garland on my main Christmas tree. I will have browns and tea-aged colors on that tree with crystal... Old lace displays itself well.. I draped one piece of it on the fireplace and still have enough to go around the tree. I will put it out of a trunk or hat box or something completely different after Christmas... I got it all for $5.00 so I was thrilled... Can't imagine what it may have been on unless it was bedding to have so much of the same crochet....And of course the color is delicious in my eyes... I am just addicted to that look ......

2 comments:

The Joy of Nesting said...

Ohhhhh what a score!!! :c}

I have a little Papelaria (paper store) down a few houses that also sells ribbon. I just went in the other day and bought all they had left of their old crochet laces both ivory and white. The old cotton takes tea dye sooooo well!!

Pattie :c}
Mazatlan Mexico

Sandi said...

Hi Marietta. What a score on the old lace! Your decorating looks so pretty. I haven't even thought about Christmas yet. LOL
Blessings!
Sandi