Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Bit Of The Blues

Just a short note ... for a update...Had my doctor's appointment this morning... Dr. Kanaan was late arriving... said he had a very bad commute from Toledo... What is normally a hour trip was a 2 hour trip this morning..
I did come home somewhat disappointed... I was hoping to get off some of my meds but my blood pressure was way up so I got my meds doubled... I so did not want that ... so here goes another attitude adjustment... He did say I could make the trip to Florida and thought it would be very good if I REST there..... Tom has been blowing snow and shoveling a couple hours this afternoon.... We got about 7 inches but did not get the ice storm and power outage allot of the south of us got.... so see it is a better day ..... It won't take long for me to realize .... I am still very blessed and so fortunate in having very, very, many blessings.... OK... the pity party was short and is over now.... I think I'll just go to the kitchen and make a nice supper for us.... Food always makes a body feel better..... I think I'll even have a hot chocolate before I go to bed tonight.... That really does it.......Hope you all in my area have a nice warm and cozy home to be in tonight.... Blessings...

7 comments:

kathy said...

Marietta . still running behind here -- yes we in this country are blessed -- so glad you are not
without power and totally snowed in .
A trip to florida sounds great - Praying for your spirtis and a renewal of your vim and vigor We were there this past summer -- Love your book so so pretty and the rose plates so lovely -- kathy -ga

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Sorry to hear about your docs appt not going well and thanks for stopping by. Stay warm, Theresa

Barbara Jean said...

Marietta,
Sorry about the doubled meds, but glad you get to travel, and rest. =0)

I admire your quick AA turn around time.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Sandi said...

Marietta,
I am sorry about your meds and somewhat blue spirit, but just remember the important thing...you are here with us and that is a wonderful thing! Praying for you dear friend!
Blessings!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear your a little blue today. Please come on over to my blog I have an award for you! Thanks, Esther

Barbara Jean said...

Marietta,
I'm supposed to tell you I tagged you.

If you want to 'play', just list 7 things about yourself (weird, nice funny or whatever) and tag 7 other people. List them on your blog, then let them know you tagged them.

This is my first time, so hope i am doing it right.

thanks and blessings,
Barbara Jean

Laurie said...

Dear Marietta,
I am sorry to hear your doctor appointment didn't turn out as hoped. You have been through a lot, so it is ok to have the blues!!
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs))