Thursday, May 7, 2009

Closing a Part of Her Life...


This morning I attended a sale of a friend for years... She had a charming... lovely store in the country and served teas..... A flair to entertain and decorate..... The shoppe was getting to be too much for her although she loved it very much. I talked to her briefly this morning and she said she has cried about this for two years.... knowing it was coming.... What this lovely lady did was have two sisters come in and fill boxes.... all boxes were $150.00 to $200.00 in value and she sold each box for $ 20.00... I bought two boxes but would have loved to have much more but there again it is the love it or need it thing again..... The boxes contained antique and new items and silk flowers.... I am going to share pics ..a couple items from some of the boxes... I thought I would like to give some of my silver items a different look and saw 2 boxes contained silver items and much ... more... so I went for them.... Also in these boxes were a set of 8 cut glass lunch dishes and cups ... I have washed and put these items away already. I have one teapot and stand that I bought one of the boxes for that I haven't pictured yet.... I took a break from washing items and decided to post... I also purchased a set of antique dresser lamps... cut glass... with prisms.... that I need to re-wire. will share them in a couple days when I have them completed... The sale was listed for friends and past customers and NO DEALERS as she wanted to give back to people that came to her shop.....The buys were very generous.... I am sad to see her go... whenever I was not having maybe such a great day on my day off when I was working ... I would go down to Judy's shop ... she always served you tea and some lovely tea pastries and made you feel so pampered. I will miss her lovely shop and I do believe that is a great credit to her... It meant she did it her way and made a person feel very special... One of the sisters that was placing items in and pricing for the sale looked at me and said.... Judy even wanted the items she was giving at a tremendous bargain to be color coordinated... That is the designer in us never wanting to totally give in....

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Oh my goodness Marietta! What a wonderful thing for Judy to do. She sounds like an amazing lady and you found some great items. It is nice to see things go this way to friends instead of just for anyone to purchase. How lovely!
Blessings~