Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Language Of A Fan

Victorian Fans......Do you know the language of the Victorian Fan ???


The fan placed near the heart??? "YOU HAVE MY HEART."

The fan half opened pressed to the lips?? "YOU MAY KISS ME."

Hand clasped together holding a open fan?? " FORGIVE ME."

Hiding eyes behind a open fan??? "I LOVE YOU."

Shutting a fully open fan slowly??? " I PROMISE TO MARRY YOU."

Drawing a fan across the eyes?? " I AM SORRY."

Touching the finger to the tip of the fan?? " I WISH TO SPEAK WITH YOU."

Letting the fan rest on the right cheek??? "YES."

Letting the fan rest on the left cheek???? " NO."

Opening and closing the fan several times??? " YOU ARE CRUEL."

Fanning slowly??? " I AM MARRIED"

Fanning Quickly ??? " I AM ENGAGED "

Opening a fan wide ????? "WAIT FOR ME."

Twirling the fan in the left hand ?? " WE ARE BEING WATCHED."

Twirling the fan in the right hand ??? " I LOVE ANOTHER."

Presenting the fan shut???? " DO YOU LOVE ME ?"


Wow and we now a days think we needed a cell phone.... The communication was already there......






1 comment:

Sandi said...

Oh my goodness! And here I thought a fan was just a fan! Who would have thought.
Blessings~