Saturday, May 2, 2009

Placing Pages




I placed a few of my scrappy pages in a couple areas of my home just mainly to give me a couple new objects to look at. I placed a couple of the pages in a small luggage piece with a antique lace bodice ... another scrapped piece... a lovely vintage purse I had purchased from Heather over a year ago... a vintage bottle with crinkled ribbons and a rhinestone clip....
I also place a page in one of my glass cloches... with some vintage shred I made by placing aged vintage book pages through my paper shredder... Added a rhinestone belt buckle and a white lace hankie and more pages... sitting atop a vintage clear glass cake plate....
I truly love the creative process but seem some what limited at times... wishing for gorgeous jewels and wonderful vintage papers that can become quite costly... usually making me settle for a broken piece of junk jewelry and found papers at a 50 cent price.. but that is all well and good too. Sometime creations become rather crude but take on their own personality and become our favorites. These are hand-made- handpicked- hand embellished- created with love- and displayed with care....



3 comments:

Sandi said...

I love all your displays Marietta!! I wanted to say THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU for my scrappy page that came in the mail today too! It was such a wonderful gorgeous and thoughtful surprise!
Have a wonderful evening...Blessings!

Cottage Panache said...

Love your blog and all of your vintage photographs! I'm sure I will return again and again.
Maureen

Sherry Williams said...

How beautiful, Marietta! I love the way you display your lovely things!