Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Visit Again To Friends Shop Closing

This morning I needed to make a trip to town to pick up a couple items I had ran out of at the grocery.... I thought I may stop back and see if Judy had anything I had missed Thursday I may be able to scrap with. I had eyed a antique hat pin holder for a year she had in her shoppe and it was still there this morning.... It was originally 139.00 and she had 50.00 on it so I did buy it... I do collect holder and pins... She proceeded to tell me to take a box....for free and I ask about a picture I loved... She said it is yours ... take it... Then she said come over and take a bunch of small linens ... so she placed them in my box also.... Then she said if there was anything on the wagon outside to take what I wanted... I did find 4 large feed sacks ...I am now washing them and will use them for seat cushions on my decks.. I do not have the box unloaded as of yet but when I do I will take some photos to show... She also gave me some old pages and some old papers to scrap with.... I also purchased two brand new strings of bubble lights for a tree for 5.00 a box. These retail for about 27.00 a box at high end gift stores...
I can't really be outside today and enjoy it so I will do some putzing around the house today. Our weather here is chilly.. damp... and the winds are about 35 miles a hour and suppose to increase this afternoon... My leaves on my trees that just are filling out are being shredded... and my flowers are taking a beating... This in the last few years seems to be happening... We have not had a good start to spring and the farmers need to be in the fields...Just so many happenings everywhere causing heartache and loss to so many..... I do so hope all can find the strength to endure....... Hope each of you are having a good day and if you are take time and enjoy it... In my last sentence I just want to say "thanks" to my friend for fillings my box with great stuff and kindness..... It makes my day much brighter.... cause it really is a day with the gloom's....

No comments: